Jim Croce (Official Thread)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Jim Croce Official Website

I just noticed that the late, great Jim Croce does not appear to have his own thread. This makes Feldy very sad.

So, here's a thread for Jim Croce! Considering in the last week I've come down with the retail equivalent of those steadily depressin' low-down mind numbin' working at the car wash blues.

So, without further ado, music! and the mandatory picture I found on Google images to make the opening post look nice

Cavendish-Jim-Croce-281x300.jpg

Studio Albums

1966 Facets
1969 Croce
1972 You Don't Mess Around with Jim
1973 Life and Times
1973 I Got a Name Released

RIP Jim Croce, gone too soon, but thankyou for the music :cheers2

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jim Croce

I can remember the day he died, made the national news. He was just on the verge of becoming a superstar before the tragic fatal plane crash.:(

I have 3 of his records, but like many other people the fist song I recall hearing was Bad Bad Leroy Brown...we used to sing along to that one when it was on the radio.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
i can't believe Jim's thread isn't popular, i have all of his albums and can't get enough of his fantastical story-telling and beautiful lyrics.

Khor1255

Reaction score
The humanity in both his songwriting and delivery make him one of the go to guys in the genre. I have a couple videos and you always get the impression he is singing with zero pretense and creating just about every waking second of his life.

Too bad he was taken right at the time when he could have lived a bit of the good life for his efforts. God bless you Jim.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I remember that day, very sad.:(

He was finally becoming a star, because of his quality not because of any hype or publicity campaign, would have been nice to see how many more great songs he would have given us had circumstances been different.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I remember that day, very sad.:(

He was finally becoming a star, because of his quality not because of any hype or publicity campaign, would have been nice to see how many more great songs he would have given us had circumstances been different.
Ironically his label is the same one Crack the Sky had. It's like a bad luck totem or something.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online