Jet !

Oblivion

Reaction score
JET

Jet Official Website

I have the feeling this band isn't generally known to everyone so I hope some of you guys like them :phones:

Jet is an Australian band that are widly covered in this wikipedia article.
I'm sure not a person who reads this is going to click on the link but here it is anyway: Wiki jet

So let me be brief about the facts: They have 2 albums.
jet-shine-on.gif and Jet_-_Get_Born.jpg

As for their music I'd say: Beatles, Oasis, AC/DC, T-Rex, The Sweet, The Kinks and The Rolling Stones influences.
Great rock and roll sounds often mingle with sensitive and alternative music.
For example:
Rock and roll !

Slow and relaxing:

I like their sound =) I hope you guys do too... and if not, they are a great band to introduce your girl to :tongue:

Also: I love the song "kings horses" or "kings horse"
I only found this stupid white vid on youtube with the song playing. If you are up for it:

Reaction score
I liked Get Born a lot, but anything new I have heard I have really hated, I don't believe I've heard anything off Shaka Rock though, so I can't comment on that
I did think Shine On kind of sucked

I love the video to "Look What You've done" mixing animation like that wiht real people is so cool lol

Last edited:

Oblivion

Reaction score
:) I think both albums in my OP are worth the listen... after that it's a matter of taste.. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Back in 2003 Jet along with The Darkness are two bands that REALLY got me into music. They gave me hope for the future of rock music.

Last edited:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Just discovered this thread. I love this retro band!! Who said that 60s-70s rock and roll is dead? I first heard them on Get Born and it was love at first hearing. "Look What You've Done" of course is the song that caught my attention. I have both Get Born and Shine On and love both. I bought the new Shaka Rock but have not yet received it. Can't wait!!

I forgot to mention that I have "thing" for Aussie bands. :love:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
...After reading Annie's post I might have to check this band out.;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online