Jeff Beck (Official Thread)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Re: Jeff Beck

If you mean post the Jeff Beck Group that included Rod Stewart but before 1976, these two albums by the Jeff Beck group included vocals:

41K2ujj53sL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41EgbadOwHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

But I can't recall any vocals on either "Blow by Blow" or "Wired".

:guitar:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

The crack about Rod Stewart was just to be funny.

Whether or not the voice box was used on any of the Jeff Beck Group albums (with or without Rod Stewart), or Beck, Bogert & Appice, is really what I'm trying to acertain.

But if it was used on Blow By Blow from '75, Wired from '76 or even his live album with The Jan Hammer Group from '77, maybe Beck somehow ran his guitar through the voice box. I can see that. I don't hear it, but I can see it.

I guess I could do a Google search, but that seems like too much trouble. :heheh:

rbowman

Young, Classic Rock Lover
Reaction score

That's right. Including Rod Stewart on "People get Ready". But rbowman made reference to before Peter Frampton (which I presume to mean on his 1976 Frampton Comes Alive album).

Sorry i took so long to respond, listen to "she's a woman" on Blow by Blow, Personally I don't think Beck's talk box techniques are as good as Frampton's.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Sorry i took so long to respond, listen to "she's a woman" on Blow by Blow.
Huh! Never noticed that before. Pretty subtle, but cool nonetheless. :cheers2

Thanks for the response. I was pretty sure Beck's first five albums were voicebox-free, but ya just never know. :heheh:

Cincinnatus

Reaction score

Jeff Beck does not even have any peers as far as I'm concerned . He is all by himself at the top. Noone has better control of their instrument and noone takes more chances with it

rtbuck

Reaction score

I know if you ask a bunch of people who the greatest guitarist of all-time is you're going to get a bunch of different answers such as Hendrix,Page,Blackmore,Clapton, or Beck to name a few. Personally I always felt Beck is the greatest guitarist of all-time!!! I love everything he has ever released & there are many days I love just laying back & reading a book while cranking out Wired or Blow by Blow

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Jeff Beck does not even have any peers as far as I'm concerned . He is all by himself at the top. Noone has better control of their instrument and noone takes more chances with it

I agree!

Attachments

• A Jeff 19.jpg
    A Jeff 19.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka