1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jazz-Rock/Jazz fusion recommendations

Discussion in 'Blues & Jazz' started by TrailriderDan, Oct 18, 2006.

1. billtjr51

billtjr51 Senior Member

Re: Jazz and blues

Absolutely!

2. SlickDick

SlickDick Senior Member

Re: Jazz and blues

Yeah I think the proper name for jazz and blues or Rock is Fusion. Anyone into Gentle Giant or May Blitz? Many artists like National Health and Hatfield and the North, Soft Machine, all the Canterbury groups showed heavy jazz and blues based ideas, all modern music boils down to the blues.Carlos Santana was into that fusion between jazz and blues for a brief time,Love devotion and surrender was a milestone by him.:rolleyes:

3. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

One of the better jazz fusion artists John McLaughlin:

[​IMG]

Electric Dreams from 1979 is the album I have and just love it.

4. gguerra

gguerra Senior Member

Chick Corea Elektrik Band, Al Di-Mieola material with electric guitar (he has a lot of acoustic material), Jean Luc Ponty, Stanley Clarke, Billy Cobham, John McLaughlin, Jeff Beck (also with Jan Hammer), Return to Forever (which is made up of some of the above artists), Miles Davis (Bitches Brew album), Herbie Hancock, Weather Report, Pat Metheny... and many more. I've been a big fan of this style (fusion) for years. Check this Wiki article out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_fusion

5. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

I've just been getting into Return to forever, haven't tried any of chick Corea's solo projects, but RTF is one of the most incredible things I've ever heard, and I'm starting to really like Miles Davis, it had to grow on me, but I keep liking it more and more

6. Mr. Shadow

Mr. Shadow "Classic" Member

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  7. Sox

Sox Avoiding The Swan Song

A guy called Shuggie Otis, he jammed on stage as a youngster with T-Bone Walker in the Johnny Otis band, a stompin track he did was " Taildragger"
    There is an English Jazz/metal/rock fusion guitarist called Shaun Baxter He`s really good.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  8. Sweaty

Sweaty ThE OtHeR rAmOnE

I agree with Sox some good tunes from otis and co, Jazz rock fusion is to be loved and enjoyed like all music except that rubbish on a Sat night with that Simon Coward or whatever he is called, get some Matching Mole down your trousers that will sooth ya !!!!:cheers:

9. Sox

Sox Avoiding The Swan Song

:pimp:Think it may take more than matching mole to sort Coward out he needs his Leather Breeches hoisting up over his head and plugging in to some proper tunes.

10. LG

LG Fade To Black

Jeez Sweaty I am not sure a Matching Mole down my trousers would be a good thing..:heheh: