Jazz Guitar Chords/Riffs/Melodies?

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
I really want to start learning how to play some jazz guitar..

I love listening to jazz, but unfortunately my ears aren't informed enough to know the proper techniques/styles/chords/etc. of playing jazz guitar.

Jazz guitarists, please help, give me advice, tabs, whatever you have in your possession to help me out.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
My nephew plays in a jazz band and many moons ago we used to sit jamming around blues shuffles and improvising with lead. Getting your head round T-Bone Walker and BB King is a good place to start as they were influenced by Charlie Christian and Django Reinhardt. I guess it depends what level you are at now ??

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Well I've been playing for 4 years now, so I'm already well past the 'beginner' level. At the moment, I'm really blues-rock based, and trying to listen to older blues guitarists material to cover their techniques. But I just want some form of knowledge at jazz basics.
:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I am guessing a good tool would be youtube just working on a few tunes that catch your ear. It's a toe in the water at least.

pauldrake

Reaction score
Try to have some resources, lets say a video on play with guitar chords of a jazz style. In that way, you would be able to really make things work out, as well as making it happen in the long run. I hope that practice will pay off in that one.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.