Janis Joplin (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that Pearl has been gone 47 years. Her impact on the music world will never die.

E-Z

Reaction score
I preferred her when she was with Big Brother & the Holding Company 1966-67 as opposed to the later Full Tilt band 1968-70

sixtiesrocker

Reaction score
Hi Leslie,

How are you, mate?!

Yes, I tend to prefer Janis's music, when she was with BIG BROTHER AND THE HOLDING COMPANY (1966-1968), compared to when she was with THE KOZMIC BLUES BAND (1969), or THE FULL TILT BOOGIE BAND (1970); I think she, and her music, had more energy when she was with BIG BROTHER.

Douglas

E-Z

Reaction score
Hi Leslie,

How are you, mate?!

Yes, I tend to prefer Janis's music, when she was with BIG BROTHER AND THE HOLDING COMPANY (1966-1968), compared to when she was with THE KOZMIC BLUES BAND (1969), or THE FULL TILT BOOGIE BAND (1970); I think she, and her music, had more energy when she was with BIG BROTHER.

Douglas
Hi Douglas, well apart from breaking up with my woman who's gone off with a 'younger dude' yeah not to bad thanks.

When it comes to Janis Joplin I am not a fan of hers in particular although I have read quite a bit about her down the years but I am more interested the band BIG BROTHER AND THE HOLDING COMPANY and that 'hippy' San Francisco sound from 1966-68. I remember hearing Pete Townsend of The Who saying on the radio maybe around 10-15 years ago that "BIG BROTHER AND THE HOLDING COMPANY was the worse (rock) band he ever heard at the Monterey Pop Festival back in June 1967 but I had heard of the band long before Pete Townsend said that.

sixtiesrocker

Reaction score
Hi Leslie,

I'm so sorry to hear that, mate; that's no good at all; and I hope you're going to be all right.

Yes, I remember reading that comment of Pete Townsend's, about Big Brother and The Holding Company; But I thought they were a good band!

Anyway, thanks so much for replying, and and take good care, mate.

Kindest Regards,

Douglas

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
love Janis I read on other forums about her and got sick of all the nonsense about how she couldn't sing or was annoying. it's sad enough she got this treatment growing up but it's all horse pile! She could sing because no one could sing like her or had her kind of passion in that voice, she was a hell of a woman!! Rest in peace Janis "Pearl" Joplin

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online