Jacobs Dream - Jacobs Dream (2000)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

JACOBS DREAM - JACOBS DREAM

w1qywh.jpg

It's honestly taken me a bit longer to enjoy Jacobs Dream in general than I had expected to, but recently, their music has really captured me. Jacobs Dream (album) is definitely one that will take some time to enjoy, especially if you're not ready for the heavy guitar riffs and solos mixed with the not so heavy vocals. It's sort of the same way I was when I was getting into Dream Theater; the whole "not ready for those type of vocals" thing. But...this album grows on me more and more, because everything goes together really really well. And as any fantastic album should, it comes with a kick ass instrumental that blows a lot of instrumentals I've heard before out of the water:

It's very unfortunate because this is one of those bands that doesn't get the recognition they deserve, or aren't given the time to fit into a persons music taste. Because I admitted to not being into their music at the start, but that's the thing...you gotta give a band some time to sink in, and this one definitely did. Comes jam packed with a variety of fantastic songs, and a majority of them are my favorites.

I give this album two thumbs up.​

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.