I Heart Hiroshima

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
handso4.gif

yb1812gigs_wideweb__470x333,0.jpg

I Heart Hiroshima are an indie/punk rock trio from Brisbane, Australia. They may not look like much, but their music is a mixture of catchy and infectious hooks inside heavy hitting, foot-stomping anthems. With no bassist, the backing beat is provided by Susie Patten's thumping drum fills. Also, there is no lead vocalist, all three band members take an equal share of the vocal work, and often interplay with each other. The lyrics are mostly repetitive, but they are spat out with energy and passion which fits the simple but powerful music wonderfully.

They are one of my favourite bands to have stumbled upon over the last year of musical exploration, and no matter what the situation, listening to an album always makes me smile. And as a bonus, Susie is a babe IMO! :grinthumb

They have 2 albums so far, 2008's Tuff Teef:

Tuff_teef.jpg

And this year's The Rip:

I+Heart+Hiroshima.jpg

And here's some choice cuts:

The first one I heard, and still my favourite, River:

The first single from Tuff Teef, Punks:

The first single from The Rip, Shakeytown:

:grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I really liked the track "River" Sal.....this band have good potential.... yet another emerging band from "down under". I wish them well :cheers2

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
It's quite a tune Lou! :cheers2 And they have got a pretty unusual sound going which I enjoy in new bands. I'm wishing them well and supporting them too, would be nice to see a band like this break through! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.