How good is Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash - One Too Many Mornings

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^They don't make them like that anymore Sweaty. I actually am a bigger Johnny Cash fan than Dylan fan, both legends though.:bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I just love Johnny's voice more, it is one of the most "Epic" in music history.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Great stuff, looks like there was plenty of mutual respect going on there as well.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Great stuff, looks like there was plenty of mutual respect going on there as well.

Johnny was actually one of Dylan's first supporters. After his first record didn't sell all that well, the label wanted to drop Dylan, but Johnny convinced them that he had a lot of potential and they'd be making a huge mistake to let him go.

A couple of years later, after Dylan's first Newport Folk Festival performance, Johnny went back stage and gave Dylan his guitar, an old country tradition of symbolically passing the torch. Dylan said that he was absolutely blown away by the gesture, having seen Johnny Cash as something of a religious figure during his childhood.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I LOVE this song and this is a GREAT version...love me some Cash and Dylan from time to time as well.

I also like the Association's version of the song...:grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Johnny was actually one of Dylan's first supporters. After his first record didn't sell all that well, the label wanted to drop Dylan, but Johnny convinced them that he had a lot of potential and they'd be making a huge mistake to let him go.

A couple of years later, after Dylan's first Newport Folk Festival performance, Johnny went back stage and gave Dylan his guitar, an old country tradition of symbolically passing the torch. Dylan said that he was absolutely blown away by the gesture, having seen Johnny Cash as something of a religious figure during his childhood.

Awesome story! :grinthumb

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
What a great video! There are so few vocalists that have the character in their voice that Johnny Cash did. Coincidentally, Bob Dylan is one of them. I could listen to this stuff all day long!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online