Hilary Hahn

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hilary Hahn
HilaryHahnByMathiasBothor.png

I just discovered this artist, a modern day Violinist, through a collaboration with German pianist Haushka. The album is called Silfra but it's not the first time I'd heard her. She's actually had a part in a song I love from ....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead. It was a short interlude but still cool. Here's the studio cut as well as her live with the band:

To Russia, My Homeland

She's also collaborated with folk singers like Josh Ritter and Tom Brosseau. She tours constantly performing the greats like Tchaikovsky. Here's the album I've heard from her:

Silfra
tumblr_m40qzf2f7A1qdl86po1_500.jpg

My favorite track is Clock Winder but here's a good track that actually uploaded:

Bounce, Bounce
(Great intensity, also a favorite)

I think the whole album is one that can attract classical fansand bring new ones in as well! :grinthumb

Official Hilary Hahn Website

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Ive actually heard of her. Not her music, but heard of her. Theres a german band name CAN
that said something in an interview recently. At least I saw it recently. Anyway, ill give the album a listen and form my own childlike opinions :3

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Ive actually heard of her. Not her music, but heard of her. Theres a german band name CAN
that said something in an interview recently. At least I saw it recently. Anyway, ill give the album a listen and form my own childlike opinions :3

Sweet Lavender! Her name seems to get around because she collaborates with a number of genres. I can't find any more youtube vids from the album but if you have Spotify then you can hear the album like I did. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've got 3 or 4 of her CD's...all Classical pieces by the Big Composers. Very talented violinist.:mn:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I've got 3 or 4 of her CD's...all Classical pieces by the Big Composers. Very talented violinist.:mn:

Here's my issue LG! I respect that she's a Classical violinist but I think the album I posted may be my only interest in her as it's all originals. I don't have much interest in seeing new artist retread the old standards/classics. It proves they are good players but shows nothing of them as an artist personally! :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The+Village.jpg

Found out she played on the score to The Village! I'm not saying the movie stood out to me as a classic or that the movies music stood out in my head until this day but the movie had an awesome atmosphere throughout and the score always helps with that even if you aren't conscious of it. In fact, sometimes the genius is that the score is subtle and blends into the movie bringing you in more! Anyway, I like the following piece:

What Are You Asking Me?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I like this promotional EPK for the Silfra album! The talk about spontaneity and seeing what Hauschka does like using ping pong balls for a different sound was cool! :grinthumb

Silfra EPK

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The+Village.jpg

Found out she played on the score to The Village! I'm not saying the movie stood out to me as a classic or that the movies music stood out in my head until this day but the movie had an awesome atmosphere throughout and the score always helps with that even if you aren't conscious of it. In fact, sometimes the genius is that the score is subtle and blends into the movie bringing you in more! Anyway, I like the following piece:

What Are You Asking Me?

I love good movie score and this is wonderful!!! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I love good movie score and this is wonderful!!! :grinthumb

Thanks Metal! Little by little the Silfra tracks are being leaked to youtube! Here's one that fans seemed to have warmed up too! More traditionally classical and less aggressive than the prior posted "Bounce, Bounce":

Krakow

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Finally they have my favorite track off the album on youtube :D Others might be more palatable and energetic for others but this one mesmerises me in the right way! :):

Clockwinder

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online