High Flying Birds

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
High Flying Birds is a band formed by Noel Gallagher (Oasis). They are touring here just now and Noel has been interviewed a few times recently. He has a great sense of humour and he had me laughing out loud at some of his comments -cool guy :grinthumb

What A Life - High Flying Birds

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Great album from Noel. As much as I was gutted Oasis split up [massive Oasis fan here], Noel's album is actually amazing. It's very different from Oasis, much more chilled out but still edgy.

Favourite track is Everybody's On The Run.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've not heard this entire album but I love everything I have heard from it. I even included "If I Had A Gun" among the the best songs of 2011. :)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I've never been into Oasis, although there are three tracks by them that I do really like a lot - Don't Look Back in Anger, The Importance of Being Idle and Half the World Away - all sung by Noel. Got me thinking, the main thing that stopped me liking Oasis was Liam Gallagher (not just because I think he's a prize class twonk, but I just don't like his voice) so take him out of the equation and...well... we have Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds! And let me say I am really liking all the tracks I've heard so far, my favourite being What a Life. I'll definitely be picking up the album :grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Very good record by Noel, he's a very very fine song-writer indeed, unlike his assholic brother who has literally zero talent, unless standing motionless mid-stage wearing shades, chewing gum, and snarling at the audience trying to look like a rock n roll star counts. I saw Noel's band on Jools Holland a while back, and liked their stuff, so I bought the album, and was mightily impressed. I'm sort of glad Oasis split, you get the feeling that Noel is an extremely creative guy and will come up with some interesting stuff now that he's away from all those Brit-Pop expectations that came with being the brains behind Oasis.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I try to keep out of the whos better? Liam or Noel debate....both are talented guys and Iam liking both bands HIGH FLYING BIRDS and Liams BEADY EYE.
Noels album is impressive with some top tunes already been mentioned

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Interesting there's an old song from Jefferson Airplane called "High Flyin' Bird", wonder if the name came from that song:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
That song was originally done by Billy Edd Wheeler. I only know that because Neil Young also covered it on his 2012 album Americana. Probably my favorite song on the album.

I think that's the first time I heard the Airplane version, it's really awesome!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
That song was originally done by Billy Edd Wheeler. I only know that because Neil Young also covered it on his 2012 album Americana. Probably my favorite song on the album.

I think that's the first time I heard the Airplane version, it's really awesome!

Yeah Neil Young certainly brings his own style into the song, though I still prefer the Jefferson Airplane take of the song cause it sounds more like something The Byrds would have done in their original lineup, to my knowledge they never did. Before David Crosby was fired from the Byrds though, he wrote a song called "Triad" which the Byrds sung (though never released on their albums at the time), which JA performed.

But interesting I didn't know about the Billy Edd Wheeler version. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online