Hello from Toronto

Javed Jafri

Reaction score
Hello,
This is Javed from Toronto and I enjoy a varied selection in music everything from classic 60's top 40 pop rock to psychedelia to alternative to indie.

I have just started an internet radio station which is still under construction so go easy on me. The idea is to recreate the vibe of the progressive free form underground stations from the late 60's and 70's. My current broadcast features a wide variety of artists ranging from Manfred Man's Earth Band. Stackridge, Cat Stevens, B52's, Phish, Dr. Dog and Weather Report and more. Have a listen if and when you can. The Link below should take you directly to my station:
FREE FORM FREEDOM

Also I'm a huge fan of progressive free form radio and have recently started an air check web site where I have uploaded clips that I recorded on reel to reel during the waning days of free form radio in the Toronto and Buffalo New York area from stations such as CHUM FM, CFNY, WPHD, WZIR and WUWU. Most are 30 minutes and more and include the music. You may find them of interest. Have a listen:
Vintage Radio Air Checks from the FM Underground Era

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online