Hello Everyone

Yesfan70

Reaction score
Hi,

I just registered here. Looks like a great place to hang out. Some of my favorite music is (of course) classic rock from the 70s, some of the new wave stuff from the 80s, the blues, jazz...just about any genre except for "pop country" and a lot of rap.

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I will look forward to getting your input. I am mostly into 70's or late 60's music. I just started getting into Blues so I hope to get some of your input there. Again welcome.

Yesfan70

Reaction score
I don't consider myself an expert on the blues (or any genre to be honest), but I'll do my best.

As far as a must have blues album goes, I really like Muddy Waters Folk Singer. Another one I like by him is His Best 1947-55 on the Chess label. Great albums IMO.

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
The best album of Blues I have found is called "The Best Blues Album In The World Ever". It has a lot of the best Blues artists on it and it's a great way to get a taste of blues.

Yesfan70

Reaction score
I might have to look for that, thanks. I have been listening to this album lately:

B000005KQQ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I think I like it better than the '47-'55 album. Great album and highly recommmend.

Also, any blues fan should have this book:

-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I love the AMG books. Great resource in helping to decide what albums to seek out. I also have the Jazz and Rock versions as well. AMG seems to have a book on every genre imaginable. Must owns for any serious music fan.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online