Heavy Blanket

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Heavy Blanket
Heavy-Blanket-608x502.jpg

JMascis_Fullsize_TJH_300x450.jpg

O.K., If you guys love 70's rock guitar jams you'll love this project! This project by J. mascis of Dinosaur Jr. isn't a retro project. It's magic! It's indiscernible as a 2012 record. This is a 70's record that missed it's release date by decades. Here's one track and it's the only youtube track but I've heard the whole album so believe me as someone who's been steeped in 70's almost this whole year that this is the real deal! Rock on with some blues!

Dr. Martens Blues

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah man I LIKE it!! Kind of lilke The SWORD with more jammin'

That type of production :grinthumb

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
BRILLIANT! Its never too late for anything. I am glad that they decided to bring this out now even though they were written back in the 80s.
Dr. Martin Blues sounds awesome. Gold!
A very special thanks to Soot and Stars for the thread and the youtube song tags. Keep 'em coming Soot. I have to check out my local HMV stores now.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yeah man I LIKE it!! Kind of lilke The SWORD with more jammin'

That type of production :grinthumb

BRILLIANT! Its never too late for anything. I am glad that they decided to bring this out now even though they were written back in the 80s.
Dr. Martin Blues sounds awesome. Gold!
A very special thanks to Soot and Stars for the thread and the youtube song tags. Keep 'em coming Soot. I have to check out my local HMV stores now.

Metal, I remember hearing The Sword in your thread! You are likely right on that one! :grinthumb

Zephead, sorry for the delayed response but thank you for the appreciation! It's awesome to connect with someone's taste and hopefully help them find something new. If you do buy it don't hesitate to give feedback! :grinthumb

BTW, when I made this thread it was from hearing the album on spotify and it only had one youtube example. Now youtube has the song that first caught my ear:

Galloping Toward The Unknown

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Great project. Enjoyed the Witch project. Which also had a 70's vibe to the first album. Heavy Blanket is great listening

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I only went in this thread because I like the name bahaha. But lo and behold, I am loving the tunes!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.