Heart Shaped Box VS Man In The Box

Which song?

• Total voters

overkill86

Reaction score
Heart Shaped Box (though I like it) isn't even close to being one of Nirvana's better tunes and the only reason most people under 20 these days enjoy it is because it was featured on Guitar Hero. :rolleyes:

Agreed. I think a lot of stuff off Bleach is better than Heart Shaped Box. It's still a great song though. Man in the Box gets the vote here. The song never gets old (the chorus is phenomenal) and it got me into AIC who are my favorite band.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Man In The Box. Heart Shaped Box is one of my lesser favorites from Nirvana. I've heard Man In The Box perhaps more than anyone in this forum because I have friends in a band and this is their main cover. It's not even in my AIC top ten and the debut is the only AIC album I don't own. In Utero is my least favorite Nirvana album. Prefer the live albums myself but between songs the AIC just has that kick ass energy to it that Nirvana lacks in that song. Seriously, what's gonna get your attention. Layne Stayley screaming "Jeeeesus Chriiiiist" or Kurt slurring lazily going "Hey, wait...". I used to love screaming that chorus until my throat cracked when I filled in one vocals so my friends could practice playing. Both songs have really weird subject matter though! :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I still remember when AIC first came out and the metal community thought of them as a metal band. Remember when they were in all the metal mags? On metal video magazines like Hard N' Heavy...they had the hair that's for sure.

As time went on, what seems to be mainly from new fans, they became an alternative band.

I think it might be metal denial :peek :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gonna have to disagree and say I think Heart Shaped is one of their best songs. Happy to be in the minority there. lol

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Gonna have to disagree and say I think Heart Shaped is one of their best songs. Happy to be in the minority there. lol

I concur. A monster riff, a picture perfect loud/soft dynamic, and some of Kurt's most vitriolic delivery makes HSB one of the strongest Nirvana tracks in my book. Though rather than the studio version, I'll take the rough cut from the Rio sessions. Captures the vitality and evil of the track a little more iyam.

Man in the Box, while I admit stands among AIC's best-crafted tracks, isn't anywhere near a favorite for me. On Facelift I'll take We Die Young or Bleed The Freak.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online