HBO cancels Vinyl

rtbuck

Reaction score
I was quite shocked & disappointed that HBO cancelled the new Martin Scorsese series Vinyl after Season 1. I really enjoyed the series as it was about a fictitious record company from 1973. It starred Bobby Cannavale, Ray Romano, Olivia Wilde, & Mick Jagger's son James. I loved it as it had actors playing people like the NY Dolls, Graham Parsons, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Lou Reed,...etc. & it was constantly bringing up so many music names that were hot in 1973. I loved that every week after every episode they would post a soundtrack from the most recent episode (usually 4 songs with an occasional new cover tune such as Andrew WK. covering Alice Cooper's "I Love the Dead" or Aimee Mann('Til Tuesday) covering the Carpenters "Yesterday Once More")

I guess the ratings weren't what they hoped. They were all set for Season 2 & just pulled the plug. It did have Sex, Drugs, Murder, & Rock & Roll

mrJim

Reaction score
Sorry to hear Buck. I have no HBO so i have never seen it, but its still too bad.

All anyone wants anymore are those stupid Reality "Not" shows. Mindless hordes of sheep mezmorized by silly people who cant act making up stupidity and nonexistent drama events. All while 2 men and a camera tell em what to do.

Oh well like anythingelse creative so to it has passed

Jim

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I was looking forward to season 2. It would be nice if they did a couple of episodes to tie up loose ends. Scorsese was supposed to direct a couple more episodes this time around. Oh well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.