Hardline returns with "Danger Zone"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
melodicrock.com

HARDLINE'S LINEUP REVOLUTION WELCOMES YOU IN THE "DANGER ZONE":
Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the release of Hardline's new studio album entitled Danger Zone on May 18 in Europe and May 22 in North America.
Following the release of “Leaving The End Open”, Hardline's mastermind and singer Johnny Gioeli did not realistically feel that another Hardline album would have seen the light of day sometime soon. It was again thanks to the insistence of Frontiers Records President Serafino Perugino that the concept came about once again “I love surprises and this was certainly one of them”, says Gioeli. “Each time I decide to close the door on Hardline, I get the itch to continue”.
Fate wanted that when Perugino sent Gioeli some song demos written by Alessandro Del Vecchio (an Italian musician and producer know for his work with Edge of Forever and Eden's Curse but also with Axe, Mitch Malloy, Bobby Kimball and several other top musicians and bands), the singer became excited once again and wanted to give it another go.

"Ale is one talented brotha...” tells Johnny, “he plays, writes, sings, engineers, produces and mixes... He's like the golden goose handed to me. More than all the talent he has, he is an example of a great human in many many ways. I look forward to making more music with Ale. And it doesn't hurt that he's Italian too!”
Alessandro Del Vecchio says: “I feel humbled but at the same time excited as never before. I grew up with Double Eclipse, which I bought when I was 13, so it's really a combination of feelings. The whole thing started so naturally that I feel like me and Johnny have been knowing each other for years. Our goal was to match the superb quality of that milestone of a debut and we worked hard to get to it, but we also wanted this record to be a shift and the truthful mirror of this "new" life for Hardline”.
And, according to Gioeli: “I think all of the Hardline records have a magic about them... this one certainly holds a more commercial pop sound to its heartbeat. I love it.”

So now Hardline have been completed with a European based lineup featuring Francesco Jovino (UDO), Thorsten Koehne (Code Of Perfection, Eden's Curse) and Anna Portalupi (Mitch Malloy).
“I would absolutely LOVE to tour with these guys. I think the fans would be quite surprised when they hear this band....like a good solid kick in the teeth” concludes Gioeli and certainly discussions are ongoing to have finally Hardline play some dates around Europe in support of this exciting new release.

Danger Zone tracklisting includes: Fever Dreams; 10.000 Reasons; Danger Zone; What I'd Like; Stronger Than Me; Never Too Late For Love; Stay; I Don't Want To Breakaway; Look At You Now; Please Have Faith In Me; Show Me Your Love; The Only One.

Hardline: Johnny Gioeli – lead vocals, Alessandro Del Vecchio - keyboards and backing vocals, Thorsten Koehne - guitars, Anna Portalupi - bass, Francesco Jovino - drums.
WebLinks: JohnnyGioeli.net :: Hardline - Danger Zone / Hardline - Danger Zone - coming soon... / Frontiers Records.

hardline-dangerzone250.jpg

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
I was kinda put off a bit by the fact it's an entirely new band, but the samples so far sound great! "10,000 Reasons" sounds really cool.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online