Happy Thanksgiving!

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I hope you all have as relaxing and stress free a Holiday as you can reasonably expect.
turkish-flag-big.jpg
I'm thankful I've got a neat little message board to go to.
I'm also thankful that gas prices went down.

Last edited:

Martha Washington

Reaction score
and if you don't have the day off, I hope you quit your job and join the circus.

Cranberries.jpg

Nirvanadude

Vinyl Collector
Reaction score
I unfortunately have to work in the morning. I have 2 Thanksgiving dinners tomorrow.

Jeeze- after I lost all that weight and all!

I will save you a drumstick Snee!

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving indeed! My favorite holiday. It doesn't involve gift giving and pretty much revolves around food. I'll put up with extended family for food. :D

Actually today it's just me and my hubby and that's even better. Great food and I love everyone who will be at dinner. We'll do the family thing this weekend.

Hope everyone else has a great one!

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
Music Wench said:
Happy Thanksgiving indeed! My favorite holiday. It doesn't involve gift giving and pretty much revolves around food. I'll put up with extended family for food. :D

My sentiments too Ms. Wench! :D

Hope everyone has a good one!

Martha Washington

Reaction score
so...
what did you eat?

Turkey?
Ham?
Tofu?

we had one of those big Turkey Breasts and I gotta say..
I'm getting to like those things.
they don't render as much in the way of juices but they cook up real fast and real nice!

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Turkey breasts are great. I just learned about draping bacon over it to help it keep moist while cooking. Worked like a charm.

It was just me and my hubby so I made turkey with raisin stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole and carmel apple pie for dessert. Neither of us care of cranberries and I only like yams with ham and since I was the cook, it didn't get cooked. :D

This weekend with the kids we'll have ham and yams and pumpkin pie. Two Thanksgivings...I like it!!!

H

halcyon days

Music Wench said:

Actually today it's just me and my hubby and that's even better. Great food and I love everyone who will be at dinner. We'll do the family thing this weekend.

Hope everyone else has a great one!

Thanks for the laugh MW. It was a pretty hard holiday, but that first part of what you said made me smile.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Nirvanadude

Vinyl Collector
Reaction score
Music Wench said:
Turkey breasts are great. I just learned about draping bacon over it to help it keep moist while cooking. Worked like a charm.

My mom did that with turkey breasts - they turned out wonderful. It was a nice Thanksgiving- the whole family was at my mom's house. It was our first Thanksgiving without dad being around. My nephews and I stuck it out and watched the games and ate like pigs!

My dad would've wanted it that way!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online