Haggard

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Haggard biography
BLACK SABBATH meets Johann Sebastian BACH? This may be a very loose description of the 16-member outfit from Munich, but the fact is their roots lie as much in death metal as in classical/medieval music. Their albums combine some fine classical moments (cello, flute, oboe, harp, violin as well as dreamy female vocals) with the iron riffs, growling male vocals and raw violence of death metal bands.

They have released a mini-CD in 1994 but fans of the genre have only praises for the subsequent two albums "And Thou Shalt Trust. the Seer" (97) and "Awaking the Centuries" (00), both featuring heavy gothic themes yet beautiful melodies - both deal with the forecasts of Nostradamus. "Eppur Si Muove", released in 2004, still features wonderful musical moments but is more vocally oriented and the growling is a bit overdone, overshadowing/marring the beauty of the music. If you want to wallow in "domesday" fantasy, then HAGGARD will certainly transport you to other times in grand fashion and with stunning sonics.

Fans of THERION or melodic death metal in general will certainly want to check them out.

Albums
And Thou Shalt Trust... the Seer (CD - 1997)
Awaking the Centuries (CD - 2000)
Eppur Si Muove (CD - 2004)
Tales of Ithiria (CD - 2008)

Attachments

• haggard2.jpg
    haggard2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I've heard of them around but I never bothered checking them out. But after listening to that song you posted I think I'll be checking this band out some more :grinthumb

brownjett

Reaction score
Actually Sunny! That song is awesome! I have the album but it was a bargain find and I gave it a couple spins at most. I particularly bought it for that one track. After hearing that it looks like I own a cool gem that I'll be spinning a lot more!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Staff online

Members online