Guitar players?

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
I've been playing guitar on and off for over half a century. I've been through bands and did the troubadour thing for a while. Might start doing that again. My gear at the moment is:
  • Epiphone Dot Studio, my main 6 string
  • Dean Boca electric 12 string, a great jangle-machine, and the preferred guitar of meat eaters (according so some guy on YouTube)
  • Squier DG-6, a cheap POS acoustic I electrified with a preamp that mixes an internal microphone and an Artec single-coil sound hole pickup
  • A No Name bass from Amazon. It's a P-bass copy. Won't impress gear snobs, but plays low notes very nicely.
  • Vox AD30 modeling amp, with tube stage for better sound.
  • A Peavey KB-100 keyboard amp that serves a both PA and/or bass amp. It's also good for coffee house gigs.
  • A Zoom GX1-on multi-function pedal
  • A Zoom 504 acoustic/electric multi-function pedal. I used to have a piezo-equipped 12 string acoustic-electric. This pedal removed the "quacky" sound very nicely.
Currently, my only gig is in a church praise band. That's about the only gig where the inability to rememberize chords or lyrics doesn't matter. No one cares if you are staring at a sheet of paper when you play. Everything goes through the PA system. I only use my multi-function pedal for a tiny bit of reverb and some compression.

treborillusion

Reaction score
I bought myself a vintage 1951 Stella by Harmony pre steel reinforced neck/no truss rod parlor guitar last week on Reverb.com from a guitar store in NYC, NY, USA.
It came fast/they used FedEx.

This is it.

Last edited:

treborillusion

Reaction score
(The last video before my finger injury^).
(Recorded today^).
(recorded a week ago during my recovery after a nurse who treated the wound said I could bend my finger again and that I needed to exercise it - this was me exercising my finger under doctor's orders/orders from the nurse). - before this and after I hurt my finger, I was told I couldn't bend my finger; so I gave my hand the week off (gave it a little rest, was difficult to not be able to play guitar but my hand was 'off sick/on sick leave' - this was me starting again after that week off).

My 2005 Gibson VOS Les Paul/R7 with Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash set and Tone Pros bridge is my main/go to guitar.

Last edited:

treborillusion

Reaction score
I found and scored a rare beauty from the the early 1950's, an Italian guitar, a parlour guitar...
Love it.
(first time playing after recovering from my finger injury^).
and me the other week/before I hurt my finger.

I bought it the same week after I found the my 1951 Stella by Harmony H929 Parlor Guitar but before I ordered it, I found this beautiful sounding/feeling guitar (of the same age and guitar type) by luck in my local music shop and I got it for a steal as the owner/great guy; didn't know what he had.
The night I bought it/the day before I booked it in with my guitar guys to have a minor repair done to it that I didn't notice when I bought it;
Early 1950's Catania Carmelo

Last edited:

Old Dude

Reaction score
My Vox amp bit the dust, so I now have a Line 6 IV 30. It's good, but not great. Adequate for my purposes.

treborillusion

Reaction score
I took my Gibson R7 to get new strings and have the fret board oiled last night, on the bench service (go in, they do it, take it home, no waiting around) from a guitar repair & luthier I like/trust.
Me with it today;
I also decided to try learn this song/learn how to sing and play guitar.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Reaction score
I took my Gibson R7 to get new strings and have the fret board oiled last night, on the bench service (go in, they do it, take it home, no waiting around) from a guitar repair & luthier I like/trust.
Me with it today;
I also decided to try learn this song/learn how to sing and play guitar.

hqdefault.jpg
Grasshopper, you must first walk with grace before learning to run. The complex task is best learned by dividing it into smaller pieces. Learn first to play the guitar without singing. Learn to sing without playing the guitar. When you have mastered guitar, and also mastered singing, then combine them into singing and playing together.

And, changing strings is a very, very simple and basic task. You will gain much pride and skill from learning to change your own strings.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online