Green Jelly - Three Little Pigs

mrJim

Reaction score
I stumbled over this on tonight completely by chance. Anybody remember these guys. Green Jelly seems to still be going.

Three Liuttle Pigs
Music is art 2014 buffalo ny

I always loved these guys, maybe a little more "Metal" than I usually like. But I have been following them for years.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I actually bought the Cereal Killer album after hearing a local band jam it out. I remember loving the video and track but was surprised the album was as fun as it was overall. Here's the performance I saw. I wasn't there but I know the singer from High School. They really got into it! :D

Mad Cat Habitat-Three Little Pigs

mrJim

Reaction score
these guys are crazy fun. Wait to see if Buck sees this thread, he has stories about these guys from long ago. Originally they were called Green Jello and there used to be boxes of Jello include in their show.

here they are way back

Its at a Club we used to frequent back in the day, this is from 85'ish so it may have even been just before my first Continental experience

Last edited:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
green-jelly_zps8c7910d5.jpg

I would really dig hearing more stories about the history of the band. The album Cereal Killer has a lot of nostalgia for me, alas: I only owned an audio cassette copy. I need to get the CD.

mrJim

Reaction score
Phil back in Buffalo in their early days they were notorious for changing their name to get back into some places more than once or change their name just to be wise arses. Their shows tended to be a bit messy for various reasons ranging broken electronics (televisions etc.) to certain ahemmm "Food issues".

One story in particular has them opening for Johnny Thunders at a place called the Continental as "The Kenmore Dolls", it doesn't take much to figure out what they were trying to do there. Upon hitting the stage there was the introduction of Jell-o brand Green Jello. Now at the time said show I had not yet passed through the doors of the Continental, that would come just a year or 2 later.

But I am pretty sure that Buck was there and can post that story.

Jim

rtbuck

Reaction score
I stumbled over this on tonight completely by chance. Anybody remember these guys. Green Jelly seems to still be going.

Three Liuttle Pigs
Music is art 2014 buffalo ny

I always loved these guys, maybe a little more "Metal" than I usually like. But I have been following them for years.

I was actually there that day but I couldn't last to make it to Green Jello. I was so disappointed because I had gone there to also see the amazing Kevin K Band who was excellent and I couldn't last a half hour longer because I was in too much pain. It sucked because I had a couple connections and probably would have met the band

Anyway...the first I heard of Green Jello was when I seen Kiss & Queensryche in 1985. The band were up front and threw a box of Green Jello or maybe it was a cassette onstage during Kiss. Paul Stanley made a comment saying something about a band named green jello and that heard they sucked or something to that effect.

As Mr. Jim said I seen Green Jello open for Johnny Thunders at the Continental on 2/25/1986 and I wish there was a video floating around from that show. They were billed as the Kenmore Dolls and they played mostly or all classic rock covers. I was with at least 9 friends up front and Mr. Jim will attest that the Continental made strong drinks! At one point the singer dove into the crowd and knocked my friend's camera to the floor and his boot caught one girl we were with in the side of her face. At one point they played Personality Crisis and a friend jumped on stage next thing I know I was up there and I think they played Sympathy for the Devil and they also played Freebird. I think they had one guy that played guitar and I think a couple people played cardboard guitars. It was really wild and a great time but I wish I could remember more of Green Jello but I was pretty blitzed early on but sobered up a bit for Johnny Thunders. I remembered most of the Thunders show which does exist on video and is sometimes up on you tube. I just wish the Green Jello part of the show existed on video.

At some point I was home watching TV and Green Jello was on the Gong Show! I just happened to be watching the Gong Show and had a tape in the VCR so I taped it. It was hilarious! They played Rock and Roll Pumpkin which ended up on their Cereal Killer album and the lead singer Bill Man speaker wore an actual pumpkin mask w/ a yellow rain coat. They got gonged pretty quick!

rtbuck

Reaction score
Sad news...Green Jelly guitarist CJ Buscaglia(aka Jesus Quisp) passed away...CJ really was an excellent guitarist and also engineered for bands such as The Goo Goo Dolls and Love and the Rockets. From what I read he went into cardiac arrest after having an asthma attack the day after Christmas and remained on Life Support on January 16th. CJ released an album titled Green Jello on my Face Again and a couple of singles which are available on iTunes. He was the main musical talent in Green Jello. CJ was only 51

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Sad news...Green Jelly guitarist CJ Buscaglia(aka Jesus Quisp) passed away...CJ really was an excellent guitarist and also engineered for bands such as The Goo Goo Dolls and Love and the Rockets. From what I read he went into cardiac arrest after having an asthma attack the day after Christmas and remained on Life Support on January 16th. CJ released an album titled Green Jello on my Face Again and a couple of singles which are available on iTunes. He was the main musical talent in Green Jello. CJ was only 51

R.I.P. CJ Buscaglia. I had no idea he was involved with those other bands. :(

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online