Greatest Voice in Rock

squeedle53

Chunkadelic!
Reaction score
Tie: Freddy Mercury and Paul McCartney. Both can growl and croon better than anyone, imo.

Rapid Fire

Reaction score
Steve Perry
Steve Walsh
Paul Rodgers
Freddie Mercury
Robert Plant
Ian Gillan
Rob Halford
Ronnie James Dio

are some that I enjoy listening to

Rock_on_4ever

Reaction score
Here are the one's that popped into my mind immediately

Ronnie James Dio
Sammy Hagar
Steve Perry
Ozzy Osbourne
Robert Plant

Women

Pat Benatar
Anne Wilson

Artas1984

Reaction score
I am watching this thread and see that lots of you here people are assholes..
:mad::mad::mad:

You are picking you favorites!!! You morons!!!

The poll question was "the greatest voice" not "the favorite voice" you dumbasses..

This means the virtuosity of the voice and high range!!!

Ozzy? Jagger? Cobain? McCartney? (respect to him)
People you make me sick!!

For the begining i'd suggest listen to Ian Gillan and Robert Plant early records, and finaly only Freddie Mercury deserves the greatest voice title through his biger than life carier.

Listen god dam fuking to Barcelona WHOLE album, in his 40 age he still could sang both tenor and falceto!

I am realy disapointed!

For example i don't like Judas Priest, but Halford had that amzing virtuosity, and you obviously pick your favorites instead of what realy should be pikced.

What a bunch of fools!!!

eccentric man

Reaction score
hahaha the person with the freddie mercury photo as their sig is getting pissy because we're picking favourites?

you want vocal virtuosity and range check out MIKE PATTON. from gutteral to operatic within seconds. maniacal screaming to balladeering to barking orders to swaggering rock vocals, maybe a little funky soul line and a little rap, and maybe even old man vocals all within one chorus. the man is a vocal machine. mind you his bands generally doesn't play the 'classic' rock format. (and if all you've heard is Faith No More you really can't comment on his abilities)

then again how can you place one subset of rock over another. cobain's voice defined a generation. it had the raw emotion that most technical singers can only dream about recapturing.

Foggy Hat

Reaction score
I am watching this thread and see that lots of you here people are assholes..
:mad::mad::mad:

You are picking you favorites!!! You morons!!!

The poll question was "the greatest voice" not "the favorite voice" you dumbasses..

This means the virtuosity of the voice and high range!!!

Ozzy? Jagger? Cobain? McCartney? (respect to him)
People you make me sick!!

For the begining i'd suggest listen to Ian Gillan and Robert Plant early records, and finaly only Freddie Mercury deserves the greatest voice title through his biger than life carier.

Listen god dam fuking to Barcelona WHOLE album, in his 40 age he still could sang both tenor and falceto!

I am realy disapointed!

For example i don't like Judas Priest, but Halford had that amzing virtuosity, and you obviously pick your favorites instead of what realy should be pikced.

What a bunch of fools!!!

Calm down dude. these people are entitled to their opinion. You are warned for what you have just said. disrespect the other members again and be banned.
Not all of us are singing coaches you know.....what the hell is falceto?

Artas1984

Reaction score
I stick with my statements harsh and i am afraid of nothing.

I am sorry i have not heard about Patton, maby becaue i was into "old classic rock singers" you know...

Ok mister Super Mario, in our country the spelling is "c", so instead of stupid comments write "falsetto", i don't give a BS about double "t" actualy..

And indeed, it is a pick not of the favorites, Nirvana was my favorite band in my teenage, but to tell the truth, Cobain's voice was crap and if you picked Cobain but left Mercury you are half-brained.
Screaming is not singing dude...

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
James Dewar -Robin Trower
Paul Rodgers -Free,Bad Company,The Firm
And Yes Freddie Mercury was a great vocalist, there's just been way too many over the years to pick a fave.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Staff online

Members online