Greatest Voice in Rock

cnbpjb

Reaction score
Okay then by that measure, Mr. Simmons, I would say that another great voice would have to be:

Greg Kihn; the morning dj on San Jose, CA's KFOX -- who also sent me an e-mail. His son has a fairly great voice as well.

And of course I would hasten to add to this list:

Peter Cetera, formerly of Chicago and also (although not considered traditionally Classic Rock, during her life and in the 1970's most importantly, the late great):
Karen Carpenter

Wolf

Reaction score
I think there are very few voices that can hang with Gary Puckett's of the Union Gap.

Otto

racing fool
Reaction score
my favorite rock voices

in no particular order,

Roger Daltry
Ann Wilson
Steve Mariott
Johnny Winter
Robert Plant
Eric Burdon

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Re: my favorite rock voices

Otto said:
in no particular order,

Roger Daltry
Ann Wilson
Steve Mariott
Johnny Winter
Robert Plant
Eric Burdon
These are my main choices as well, though I'd like to add Paul Rodgers, Freddie Mercury and Ronnie Van Zant.

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
I would say Robert Plant, Tommy Shaw, Freddie Mercury and Ian Gillian are my favorites.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Ann Wilson (of Heart). Honestly, I know of no one else who comes remotely close to these three in terms of the power and diversity of their vocal instruments.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
For picking just one great rock singer overall I'd have to go with Robert Plant.
He's had some great moments and some not so great, hoarse moments but overall he has done some incredible singing and performing over the past 40 yrs.
The best live Zeppelin for me seems to be '72 and prior when he was still singing a lot in his high range but also singing quite well lower key as well.
I enjoy the rest of the Zep decade as well, but he was sometimes hoarse from the mega-tours and partying.
I enjoy most of Robert's solo albums and live work, he did great on those as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Staff online

Members online