Great Bands You Unapologetically Despise

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I understand about the stones, certain songs are not bad since 1990,You Got Me Rocking, Moon Is Up, Saint Of Me, Doom and Gloom, I think Tattoo You is the last classic.
The Stones sold out imo. They were such a great blues/pop band originally with some really great songs. Exile on Main Street is really unique. Then they came out with that trashy Steel Wheels album. When Microsoft used their "Start Me Up" in the Windows campaign a few years ago, that was a death blow in my books. Hardly ever listen to them any more. Even started disliking Jagger's singing

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I don't actually despise these people's music. I just choose to ignore them.

Clapton. I just don't hear it. Sterile, practiced, uninteresting guitar work.

Don Henley. Nothing to do with his music. He made a statement once along the lines of "Why should I write songs people want to hear? I'm going to write about what people need to hear."

You arrogant, presumptuous, holier than thou *****. Who are you to tell me what I need to hear?

Romulus

Reaction score
U2 - Cannot understand their popularity, they are not a bad Rock group, just so so..... However I cannot stand their sanctimonious attitudes as to themselves and all that Charity involvement to show how nice Bono is....

E-Z

Reaction score
Regarding Bono he is the kind of 'jumped up self-important music artist' that I love to HATE. I read years ago that he would buy a new pair of 'named' jeans and then tie them with a a long piece of heavy duty string to the back of his car and then drive around Dublin with them skidding off the road surface behind the car just to 'roughen them up' before he wore them??. Jerk.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score

Clapton. I just don't hear it. Sterile, practiced, uninteresting guitar work.
I think Eric missed a trick when he went into self-imposed exile back in 1971-72 and didn't disappear for good. After recording his 'masterpiece' Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs in 1970 he should have 'hung up his rock & roll shoes' and gone back on the building sites labouring plus also Eric can't sing, Eric isn't a natural singer.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score

Don Henley. Nothing to do with his music. He made a statement once along the lines of "Why should I write songs people want to hear? I'm going to write about what people need to hear."

You arrogant, presumptuous, holier than thou *****. Who are you to tell me what I need to hear?
Your post actually made me laugh vehicle regarding Don Henley because I watched a Eagles double-dvd of the bands history about 6-8 months ago and Don appears throughout talking straight to camera and I actually started to like the guy and thought he was quite amusing and funny in some of the things he was coming out with and all said in a 'dead pan' style by Don.

Yeah I can imagine him saying what you posted ha ha ha...

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
Funny how a small number of people on here don't like 'The boss' I thought that he would have been more popular NOT THAT I LIKE HIM although some of 'his songs' that were covered by other artists and bands sounded good to my ears in the past.

Romulus

Reaction score
Worse than U2 (musically) are the Foo Fighters, what utter dire crap they play which can only give Rock a bad name, also because the so called 'tunes' are so senseless it all becomes mish mash so boring.....

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Bands like Radiohead or The Manic Street Preachers or The Foo Fighters don't mean nothing to me in the sense that I wouldn't listen to them even if I was being paid to listen to them :(

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online