Great Album, Then They Were Gone

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
No Accident by Driver. I am not aware of any other album by them.

driver-no_accident-front.jpg

Fever

Reaction score
Arc Angels with Doyle Bramhall and Charlie Sexton on vocals and guitars.Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon from Stevie Ray Vaughan's band Double were on drums and bass.They reunited briefly a few years ago without Shannon for a tour.
Bramhall was recently in Clapton's band while Sexton was in Bob Dylan's band.Layton plays drums for Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
^ I've got that one! :)

Fun, Faith & Fairplay by Big Bam Boo (1987)

"Shooting From My Heart" was the single. Most of the album is as strong as the single, which is very good and well-produced. Good harmonies.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
BURNING TREE ...one great album..then gone

....Split up,one guy joined Black Crowes...others ended up in L.A Guns

Theses guys had great potential, quality psychedelic blues rock

Attachments

• b tree.jpg
    b tree.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 37

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Number one on my list here would be Neutral Milk Hotel. Their debut was just sort of them finding their feet, then In The Aeroplane Over the Sea was unfathomably amazing, and then they promptly quit. They're back now, which is going to be awesome since I'll get to see them live... but they'll never put out another good album. Jeff wasted the glory years, most bands suck by this point in their career anyway.

I was also pretty fond of Armageddon featuring Keith Relf of the Yardbirds. Good calls on Steamhammer and Bubble Puppy as well.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Number one on my list here would be Neutral Milk Hotel. Their debut was just sort of them finding their feet, then In The Aeroplane Over the Sea was unfathomably amazing, and then they promptly quit. They're back now, which is going to be awesome since I'll get to see them live... but they'll never put out another good album. Jeff wasted the glory years, most bands suck by this point in their career anyway.

I've been curious about that Aeroplane over the Sea album for quite some time now. For some reason I still haven't checked it out even on a streaming service. But I keep hearing about how the album is considered one of the best of the 90s. Maybe I'll give it a go one of these days. "Carrot flowers" sounds quirky enough to check it out. :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online