Grails-Burning Off Impurities

joe

Reaction score
Out of Portland, Oregon, the Grails first two albums were more in the vein of post rock experimentation, then the band began to explore more psychedelic/prog passages. Thier 2007 release, Burning Off Impurities, the band travels through the desert with Middle Eastern/Arabic ambiences, almost an krautrock/acid folk texture as the acoustic guitar plays a prominent role. Hot knives and hash oil are recommended to enhance your listening enjoyment.:D

24328363.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Got my hot knives at the ready and putting this on my prog list.
I really like a lot of that Middle Eastern influenced stuff a lot. This is the kind of thing you turn up loud and drift away to. :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
I've been on a sound tour of the middle east for about a week now and often having excursions in space. I didn't stay in Egypt too long.:D

Burning Off Impurities is one favs from 2007.

Check this stuff out Wolf. Tunderground from Romania, a blend of world fusion/psych/krautrock/electronic. Different, but a nice side trip.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
DUDE, LOVE THIS STUFF :grinthumb

I love this kind of thing that mixes middle eastern folk ( and Celtic folk ) with jazz/ prog rock like structures and timing.

Great stuff definitely looking them up !

joe

Reaction score
Right on:grinthumb I'll throw up some more of that Middle Eastern/Arabic stuff up in the coming days. Maybe even a little Latin material as well. Lot's of jazz but it's hard to find the prog/jazz fusion of those ethnic ambiences.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Right on:grinthumb I'll throw up some more of that Middle Eastern/Arabic stuff up in the coming days. Maybe even a little Latin material as well. Lot's of jazz but it's hard to find the prog/jazz fusion of those ethnic ambiences.

I'm more into the prog that has a strong jazz influence that incorporates
middle eastern influences like the first video. Not really into Latin music but ya never know I guess.

joe

Reaction score
Recently p/u the new Grails CD and it is an atmospheric, sophisicated, and complex endeavour with eerie, heavy hypnotics and a distraught ambience yet balancing it with elegance and thought provoking instrumental intelligence. The Grails have once again taken it to a new elevation of elaborance.

Grails-Deep-Politics.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online