Glenn Hughes Talks Autobiography

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
378998.jpg

Plus he reveals that BCC are to record a live DVD

Glenn Hughes has been speaking to Bravewords about his forthcoming autobiography, Deep Purple & Beyond: Scenes from the Life of a Rock Star, which is due in May.

The book will certainly not shy away from the more rock n roll side of Glenn's life:

"What I will talk about in the book is my use, the drugs, the booze, the birds and the blow. There's a lot of music and my claim to fame in this book. I will also talk about my near-death experiences (there's been quite a few of those)."

"Everybody knows what happened in the 80s. Everybody knows I wasn't the man I am today. We've all seen the glory and promises that can happen to someone who has kicked a life long habit of drugs and alcohol and worked rigorously hard to get to where I am today."

The book will be released in two editions - a deluxe luxury, hand crafted super limited edition which will be packaged with a 10" vinyl record containing new music and it will be signed by Glenn himself. There will also be hardback and paperback editions coming later this year.

Meanwhile, in the interview Glenn also revealed that there were big plans to pay tribute to his good friend Ronnie James Dio.

"I can't speak on behalf of Wendy, but I know there's going to be a great tribute to Ronnie. Some artists are going to come and perform Ronnie's songs including myself, Geoff Tate, Rob (Halford) and Bruce (Dickinson). The accolade of the metal kingdom will come out. We'll get Zakk (Wylde) to play on some songs and Dave Grohl (I think he's going to sing Mob Rules). We'll do the appropriate tribute for Ronnie. What Wendy and I want is to get people that Ronnie knew personally. He knew Dave Grohl and we want to get some of the new iconic younger guys to come in. We might even get Ozzy onboard to do it."

And with regards to hsi current day job, Glenn reveals that not only will Black Country Communion release their second album named "2") in June but they will be recording a live DVD in Germany in July for a release later this year.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Sweet :grinthumb

Personally, I think Glenn has been on fire musically over the past 10-12 years, both solo and also his collaborations with Joe Lynn Turner.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.