GEOFF TATE's OPERATION: MINDCRIME: 'The New Reality' Artwork, Track Listing

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

operationmindcrime2017bandoct_638.jpg

OPERATION: MINDCRIME, the band led by former QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate, will release "The New Reality", the third and final of a concept album trilogy exploring international politics, the world economy and social ethos, on December 1 via Frontiers Music Srl.

"The New Reality" track listing:

01. A Head Long Jump
02. Wake Me Up
03. It Was Always You
04. The Fear
05. Under Control
06. The New Reality
07. My Eyes
08. A Guitar In Church?
09. All For What?
10. The Wave
11. Tidal Change
12. The Same Old Story

The cover artwork can be seen below.

"The whole OPERATION: MINDCRIME project was really a group effort," Tate told the Chicago Tribune.

"I wanted to have an open-door policy where really great players could come in, contribute and also do other projects. I just called all the people I really respect that I've met over the years, asked them to be part of it and gave them all the material I've written.

"We did one really massive session and recorded everything. I've just been finishing it over the years."

OPERATION: MINDCRIME recorded and released the first part of the trilogy, "The Key" in 2015 and followed it a year later with "Resurrection".

"Resurrection" continued to track Tate's protagonist, H, as he plowed ahead in his quest to bring a project called The New Reality to fruition. "I wanted it to be what happens next, of course," Tate explained to Billboard. "The first part was kind of set up where you see a little bit about what's going on with the characters; the second one is what actually happened, then how do the characters get out of it."

Among the musicians who have contributed to the OPERATION: MINDCRIME project are keyboardist Randy Gane; guitarists Kelly Gray and Scott Moughton; DISTURBED bassist John Moyer; and drummers Brian Tichy (OZZY OSBOURNE, WHITESNAKE) and Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO).

"I love storytelling. I like telling stories with music," Tate told the Chicago Tribune. "It's something that I just grew up with, listening to the ALAN PARSONS PROJECT's 'Tales Of Mystery And Imagination' and PINK FLOYD's 'The Wall' and 'The Dark Side Of The Moon'.

"They were fantastic albums that told stories that really got under my skin and influenced me. It's what I enjoy."

operationmindcrimethenewrealitycover.jpg

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ge...rtwork-track-listing.html#XkUQwBUE9hrydihl.99

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I don't want to be negative and I want to make it clear that I am a fan of classic Queensrÿche, but apart from a couple of decent songs, Geoff really hasn't released anything good since leaving Queensrÿche.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ Agreed. He never released anything good even in Queensryche from around American Soldier to FU.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.