That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
217446_537227106297862_899744802_n.jpg
kissopolis

Gene Simmons: "Can You Spell B-U-L-L-S-H-*-T"

Gene Simmons has taken to his twitter account to 'stand by his words' on music artists that 'use tapes and lip synch".
Gene states:

"A year ago, I said rappers, pop divas and others using tapes and lip syncing is dishonest and at the very least, the artist should stand up (BEFORE THE FACT) and say it's…"fake".

Folks were upset. Many of the very talented pop singers out there do it. Every show. For decades. They dance…fine. Not my taste, but no problem. They prance….cool. And they lip sync. Can you spell b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t. Whatever music you like, make sure you hold YOUR artist accountable.Live music should be -- L-I-V-E.

I stand by my words."

217446_537227106297862_899744802_n.jpg

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
That's cool and all, but KISS has lip synched on several "live" TV appearances over the years.

At this point, a little lip synching wouldn't do Mr. Stanley much harm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge KISS nerd, but at this point I really wish Simmons and Stanley would just "shut up and play."

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm a HUGE KISS fan as well and though I NEVER seen them lip synch for a "LIVE" event....they have on television shows that had an audience many times over the years. I understand that sometimes it's the rules of the show itself...but either way it's a lip synch

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE KISS fan as well and though I NEVER seen them lip synch for a "LIVE" event....they have on television shows that had an audience many times over the years. I understand that sometimes it's the rules of the show itself...but either way it's a lip synch

Ya, exactly. What is the difference, though? Beyonce does it at a televised inauguration for the president. Still a televised event. The Paul Lynde Halloween special was lip synched, as well as many others. Considering those events were supposedly "live," what leg does Simmons actually have to stand on, here?

Not to mention, KISS's "live albums" were damn near completely reworked in the studio. I love those live albums... They're actually my favorite KISS albums, but COME ON, ALREADY. I get enough hypocrisy in daily life!!!

Simmons and Stanley are both coming off as "bitter old men" lately. Totally unnecessary! Enough with bashing former band mates and other "stars." KISS is far from perfect!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No expert on the television shows that apparently wanted "perfect" performances from guest artists, but does that mean "Midnight Special" was not as live as I thought...:hm:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Ya, exactly. What is the difference, though? Beyonce does it at a televised inauguration for the president. Still a televised event. The Paul Lynde Halloween special was lip synched, as well as many others. Considering those events were supposedly "live," what leg does Simmons actually have to stand on, here?

Not to mention, KISS's "live albums" were damn near completely reworked in the studio. I love those live albums... They're actually my favorite KISS albums, but COME ON, ALREADY. I get enough hypocrisy in daily life!!!

Simmons and Stanley are both coming off as "bitter old men" lately. Totally unnecessary! Enough with bashing former band mates and other "stars." KISS is far from perfect!

:bow: As Beyonce being my second least favorite artist ever I STILL think the hypocrisy or pathetic nature of calling out pop stars comes from a sad and pathetic place. The more shit you lob out towards others the more of a chance you have of being backed into a corner as a hypocrite. I'm fine with KISS as far as their output collectively (band and solo) but Gene Simmons is about as annoying as my favorite frontman when he runs his mouth. Once in while you'll get a golden nugget outside of what's written in the music (the real valuable stuff) but most of the time they literally shit out of their mouths looking for attention. "Look at me, look at me! I'm still relevant!" like a stupid teenager. If I ever get to be this bitter, judgmental living time capsule of a figure in my own life I think I'll just shoot myself. It just sounds miserable! :wank:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Gene being a very shrewd businessman this could just be PR Sooty...you know the old saying any publicity is good publicity and with all the gadgets available now we will never run out of these "nuggets" for the foreseeable future.

I'm the same when it comes to Slammin' Sammy and Van Halen, let it go already.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
In all fairness to Gene, even though it is annoying...he's not the ony one that does this crap, like Sooty pointed out. It's one of those annoying things a fan just has to roll their eyes , swallow it and move on to the music again.

But as a fan, I am happy to point out that KISS lip synched many times....and in front of an audience, yes a STUDIO audience...ya know a live situation not played live.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If I ever get to be this bitter, judgmental living time capsule of a figure in my own life I think I'll just shoot myself. It just sounds miserable! :wank:

dep_1007223-Gun-and-rose.jpg

There ya go Sooty in case you start morphing into a "curmudgeon"...:heheh:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Here are 5 songs being lip synced on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert alone. (the last one has 2 cuts)

With an intro from Don himself, no less.

These were lip synced, with no audience, for Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. Now, you can argue that they're music videos, and that valid enough, for sure.

But they lay down a 'live audience' track along with it, I guess hoping people will think it's live.

Which, to me is worse than laying down a studio cut over a live performance.

Gene is tiresome, that's for sure.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online