G'day

wormwood

Reaction score
New guy here. Looks like a good place for music lovers to hang. Cheers!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
It's a great place for people to chill. What music are you into?

wormwood

Reaction score
That's a personal question ;)

Rush, Alice Cooper, Cream, early Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Stones, Moody Blues, Led Zep, CCR, Who, Bowie...the list goes on.

Newer stuff I'm into runs the gamut from Radiohead and The White Stripes, to stuff like the Devil Wears Prada and Norma Jean.

I love discovering old (new to me) bands. Kind of have a thing for Atomic Rooster right now...

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I love discovering old (new to me) bands. Kind of have a thing for Atomic Rooster right now...

You and I are going to get along so very well. If you are into prog which I assume you are with the mention of Yes, here's a small list of bands you should check out:

Porcupine Tree
The Pineapple Thief
Myrath
Scar Symmetry (has some heavy vocals)
Keldian
Abigail's Ghost
Jacob's Dream

...just to name a few.

I've become a humongous fan of a bunch of the more underground bands in an enormous selection of genres. Those I mentioned are pretty incredible.

EDIT: I read your post wrong and it says you like discovering older bands. Well...I gave you a list of bands that have made their name known in the last 10 years. Hopefully that works :heheh:

wormwood

Reaction score
You and I are going to get along so very well. If you are into prog which I assume you are with the mention of Yes, here's a small list of bands you should check out:

Porcupine Tree
The Pineapple Thief
Myrath
Scar Symmetry (has some heavy vocals)
Keldian
Abigail's Ghost
Jacob's Dream

...just to name a few.

I've become a humongous fan of a bunch of the more underground bands in an enormous selection of genres. Those I mentioned are pretty incredible.

EDIT: I read your post wrong and it says you like discovering older bands. Well...I gave you a list of bands that have made their name known in the last 10 years. Hopefully that works :heheh:
With the exception of Porcupine Tree which kinda sounds familiar, I can't say I've heard of the others. I'll be sure to check 'em out.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
With the exception of Porcupine Tree which kinda sounds familiar, I can't say I've heard of the others. I'll be sure to check 'em out.

As far as I know, I think there's a thread for each of the bands I mentioned. If not, i've got some work to do :heheh:

You'll enjoy em.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online