Gaia Epicus (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Official Website

Okay here's another one, a band from Norway, I don't know what it is about Scandinavia, but they produce some great bands on a consistent basis. This was another example of serendipity, I was looking for something totally different and this band came up, so I checked them out and liked them immediately.

Really this is more like NIN, except instead of Trent Reznor being the band, it's Thomas Christian Hansen who's the brains and only founding member left. He is the guitarist, vocalist and main writer so his fingerprints are all over Gaia Epicus. He is a big fan of Gamma Ray, who I just posted a couple of days ago, and they have a similar power/heavy metal, hard rock sound. Only four albums to their credit so far, and the newest CD "Damnation" is doing very well for the band.

Here's Fire & Ice from the first album released in 2003 "Satrap".

Great cover art as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Gaia Epicus

I don't have anything by these guys so I will enjoy reading further posts in this thread.

Got me here Lord...:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nothing slips past you I've noticed MP.:bow:

It will be a short thread seeing they only have 4 albums, but they are good. I'll see if I can find a HQ version of Star Wars to post from Satrap, it is a good example of their range.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool looking forward to hearing more...give me best suggestions too. :grinthumb

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Thanx man for letting me into this Norwegian band......sounds like the best Saxon meets Iron Maiden through Gamma Ray under a Scandinavian moon.):)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

:D...Great way to describe them S&L...I really like them, I played Victory last night and was amazed all over again.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

In 2005 "Symphony Of Glory" was released, and it was a step up in production quality from the debut CD. There is not much information about GE, the last time I visited their homepage the main man Thomas Christian Hansen was looking for a few musicians to fill up the ranks before going on tour in the UK. He is pretty much the band anyway, but I can't help but think that if he could keep the same band for a while it would just help in every aspect of GE's future. Anyway, despite all those issues, this album really cooks, I played it last night and it just reminds me how glad I was over three years ago to discover all the excellent hard rock/metal bands cranking out great music in Europe and Scandinavia.:D

Here's Hand of Fate.

GaiaEpicus-SymphonyOfGlory-Front.jpg

GaiaEpicus-SymphonyOfGlory-Back.jpg

Harkat

Reaction score

Haven't heard these guys before but I'm glad that I have now.
S&L described them pretty well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.