Free (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
What an an album!
My Brother walked in with a copy one Saturday..... it was welded to the turntable. I found the love.... when Wishing Well was released.(there's a video on YT of a guy in a Newcastle flat that has Kossoff's original axe)

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I posted in this thread way back.
:cool: Never heard the debut but seriously.. You can see anything Paul Rogers touches, turns to gold.. He did a great job filling in for Freddie Mercury till they found a replacement.

Bad Company.. Ya.. a few duds on some of their albums but mostly just songs of their own.. Hard to match that sound..

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
When things went Pete Tong.... I always felt Back Street Crawler also pinched the limelight, but if you've an itching for mid- 70's Britrock... Andy Fraser, after Free formed Sharks with able fret shredder Chris Spedding. Did Paul Rogers recommend Tetsu to the Faces?
Anyways...
Sharks - Driving Sideways.

E-Z

Reaction score
What an an album!
My Brother walked in with a copy one Saturday..... it was welded to the turntable. I found the love.... when Wishing Well was released.(there's a video on YT of a guy in a Newcastle flat that has Kossoff's original axe)
Several artist's working in the rock field have covered Wishing Well in the past and none come close to the original Free version. All the 'cover versions' lack that X-factor that makes the original THE BEST!!.

I would rate Free's Wishing Well in my all time top 10 rock singles from any era.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online