Folk Album Anthology#5: Bread, Love And Dreams-Amaryllis

joe

Reaction score
Bread, Love and Dreams was a prog/psych British folk rock trio from Scotland which eventually was left to two members, guitarits/vocalist David McNiven and his future wife Angie Rew on vocals and flute. The band was supported by The Pentangle's bassist Richard Thompson and drummer Terry Cox and even the great saxophonist Dick Heckstall-Smith from Colesseum for Amyrallis released in 1971.

Some of the tracks are beautifully arranged and orchestrated with a slight tinge of psychedelia but not overwhelming to the point of acid folk. Etheral and pastoral vocals, wonderful harmonies and beautiful melodies. "Flower folk" would be good label for this album.

bread_love_dreams_amaryllis.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Amaryllis...another rare find Joe. I like the sound of them. You described them perfectly "Flower Folk", could it be you invented a genre tag of your very own?...:D

joe

Reaction score
^^^I can't take credit for that label LG. It fits perfect IMO. You're bit of a folkie after all but no blues in the blood.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like a little bit of the blues, but am not a full blown fanatic like Magic is for her blues guitar pickers...:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online