Flotsam and Jetsam (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Flotsam and Jetsam

lol funny how everyone always talks about Newsted, and under rates all the other band members when it comes to Doomsday album.
Not everyone here but general, I noticed its always about the fact Jason was in the band. So what??

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

lol funny how everyone always talks about Newsted, and under rates all the other band members when it comes to Doomsday album.
Not everyone here but general, I noticed its always about the fact Jason was in the band. So what??

Yep, every where you go .."Oh you mean Jason Newsted's old band !?!?!" with a knowing look Sort of like they are letting you know how hip they are :rolleyes:

Another one I used to get that about was Voviod . Freaking Jason was on one of their weaker albums and when I would try to order Voviod albums from CD stores.."Oh, you mean Jason Newsted's new band!?!?!? " :rolleyes:

Metallica, they screw up everything :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

He could be on only one album and it gets branded his band. :lmao:
I acknowledge his work on Doomsday was good but I praise the rest too, great vocals, the guitar work was top notch stuff.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

He could be on only one album and it gets branded his band. :lmao:
I acknowledge his work on Doomsday was good but I praise the rest too, great vocals, the guitar work was top notch stuff.

Doomsday is a freakin' monster album. I love that one. :bow:
And yeah, it's not because Newstead plays bass on it .....though his bass playing is rather kick ass on that album ..it's far from what makes it such a great release. Flotsam and Jetsam are way underrated.

charles_ryder

captain
Reaction score
When I first time heard this band in early 90's, my friends attested them as "misfits", because Jason Newsted... etc.
But I like this band, especially their first album. And without Newsted they are ok.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I first time heard this band in early 90's, my friends attested them as "misfits", because Jason Newsted... etc.
But I like this band, especially their first album. And without Newsted they are ok.

Yeah they have done alright without him. None of their works touch Doomsday as far as quality goes.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Artwork for the new self titled album actually out tomorrow. Keen as hell to hear this one.
flotsamalbummarch.jpg

"Flotsam And Jetsam" album track listing:

01. Seventh Seal
02. Life Is A Mess
03. Taser
04. Iron Maiden
05. Verge Of Tragedy
06. Creeper
07. L.O.T.D.
08. The Incantation
09. Monkey Wrench
10. Time To Go
11. Smoking Gun
12. Forbidden Territories

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fl...of-new-self-titled-album/#OVJEHa9xRkwsFmBV.99

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New song rocks.

New album Blood in the Water is coming in June.

This band always delivers great thrash.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online