First Aid Kit

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
First Aid Kit
First-Aid-Kit.jpg

This is another fresh find. They are two Swedish sisters who sing simple folk songs! What's not simple is their vocals and just quirky spirit of their music. They are at once strange, melodic, enchanting and stirring. Their current album is:

The Big Black and The Blue
18551139.jpg

Here are some tracks:

Hard Believer
(I'm kind of speechless and drawn into this whole song/video)

I Met Up With The King

An Earlier Track:

Our Own Pretty Ways

Zombeels

Reaction score
I have this album. I like it a little but I think I need to give it a few more spins.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I have this album. I like it a little but I think I need to give it a few more spins.

Hey Zombeels! I'm getting to like this duo the more I hear their material. I definitely want the album now. My favorite c.d.s a lot of times are the ones that I gradually like more and more with each listen so maybe you'll really end up liking it!

They are very good! I am just going to listen to them again.

Nice Sunny! I'm listening to them some more now as well and have found some cool vids to post!

These are both covers which I embarrassingly am not familiar with either original but the songs are great! :grinthumb What talented singers!

Tiger Mountain Peasant Song (Fleet Foxes cover)

Universal Soldier (Buffy Saint Marie cover)

Simple Man (Graham Nash cover)

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
I'm delighted you posted to this thread again, Sooty. These women are exactly what you said (which I will quote) and are...comforting to listen to --- a form of comfort than I have ever felt. Simple, but not at all simple. (I'm not terribly fond of that tinny organ/piano instrument but I get can past it!)

They are at once strange, melodic, enchanting and stirring.

On another note, you have a beautiful way with words.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thank you on both counts Laurel! For checking out the thread and for the compliment! :blush2: Believe it or not I still don't own any music by these girls but I'm going to have to remedy that as I really like them! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I like these gals Soots! I will admit I'm not really schooled when it comes to folk music so upon hearing Emmylou for the first time today I had initially thought this was some new country duo until the lyrics kicked in. I suppose folk is supposed to be retro and they definitely have a retro vibe going on. Another song of theirs I like is Tangerine but I'm unable to find a studio version here in the States on YouTube. Here's the new single Emmylou. This genre is still somewhat new territory for me.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Folk and country are very close Jen. Being that you like Damien Rice and ccountry as is I'd say explore deeper. If you like this duo I'd recommend the Civil Wars and for more folk, City and Colour, Ryan Adams, The Decemberists, The Head and the Heart, Fleet Foxes, etc. to start. many of these guys have a rock edge to them that seperates them from being country. :cheers2

Zombeels

Reaction score
They will be releasing a new album for 2012 next week. I heard that it's better than the first.

129411.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online