Favorite + Least Favorite Zeppelin Album

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Fave-Physical Graffiti
Least Fave-1
I have to say that every Zep Album is good; but 1 is the debut before they really had the chemistry gelled; it's still good though...very good for a young band and really young singer and drummer. Bonham's bass drum rolls were incredible in Good Times Bad Times and Page's Telecaster cut tthrough on most of the electric songs

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score
Least Favorite -- Houses of the Holy (.....not the "Songs"....but their recording..... I did not like the way the HOTH songs sounded on this studio release. There is much more power on these songs on TSRTS.... I LOVE those versions of the songs.....)

Fav --- well, the first Zep album I ever listened to -- Led Zep II.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
The Rover said:
Least Favorite -- Houses of the Holy (.....not the "Songs"....but their recording..... I did not like the way the HOTH songs sounded on this studio release. There is much more power on these songs on TSRTS.... I LOVE those versions of the songs.....)

Fav --- well, the first Zep album I ever listened to -- Led Zep II.
I see what you mean, (partially) like "No Quarter"...the live versions I've listened to are so much better than that studio version, same goes for TSRTS...but the studio cuts of The Ocean, Over the Hills and Far Away, Dancing Days absolutely Rock!
The live version of The Rain Song is almost exactly like the Studio version, I have to admit that I like the live improv on most other songs though.....Earl's Court '75 is some great Zep footage to get.

Carvin Abuser

CRF's music addict.
Reaction score
Same as The Rover, my favorite is LZII. I really like the songwriting/composing and I think that Plant was in his best voice. His voice had character and power that later Zeppelin albums didn't live up to, IMO. I think Plant's voice got more whiney and less powerful after LZII. I also think LZII has some of Page's best guitar work (I like that it has a lot of riff-based tracks).

My least favorite is LZIII. Although it has some strong points, I think that it's the weakest Zeppelin album. I also think Bonham's drums sound thin on LZIII, like they weren't EQ'd right or something. Maybe that's due to the CD remaster?

aerozep

Reaction score
FAV--------Physical
LEAST-----ITTOD

I is raw it's true,but it bites you on the ass.......ooooh suck it !
PRESENSE was always shakey,but they did the whole thing in 2 weeks.didn't give Jimmy much of a chance with the Stones waiting to get in there and record.
PEACE :grinthumb

hab101

Reaction score
Favorite : Houses of the Holy. I love the variety here! IV is a close second.

Least Favorite : In through the out door. "All my love" is the only song that does anything for me on this. I respect it for what it is though, they try'd hard to think up new material and sounds.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
it's funny, I spend all these years talking up John Paul Jones and his contribution to the band. I find out my least favorite album is the one he had the most to do with.

get me a drink.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
My favorite is IV (with Houses of the Holy a very close second, and II an even closer third).

Least favorite for me is Physical Graffiti. It has some wonderful moments that make it totally worth having (such as "Trampled Under Foot" and the absolutely mezmerizing "Kasmir"), but as a total project, it seems to me to be the first step of the band losing its focus and inspiration. And they never got it back, either.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online