Father John Misty

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
father-john-misty.png
Father-John-Misty-01.jpg

This is a great new artist this year I feel most Classic Rock fans will like if they don't already. His style resembles 70's Elton quite a bit which is my favorite part of Classic Rock myself. He's got a good mix of Psychedelic Folk, Honky Tonk Blues and a quirky sense of humor. His album "I Love You, Honeybear" is one of my favorite new albums this year. :grinthumb

I Love You' Honeybear
i-love-you-honeybear.jpg

Singles
(Bored In The USA & Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins))

Favorite Deep Cuts
(Nothing Good Ever Happens At The Goddamn Thirsty Crow, The Ideal Husband & I Went To The Store One Day)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
father-john-misty.png
Father-John-Misty-01.jpg

This is a great new artist this year I feel most Classic Rock fans will like if they don't already. His style resembles 70's Elton quite a bit which is my favorite part of Classic Rock myself. He's got a good mix of Psychedelic Folk, Honky Tonk Blues and a quirky sense of humor. His album "I Love You, Honeybear" is one of my favorite new albums this year. :grinthumb

I Love You' Honeybear
i-love-you-honeybear.jpg

Singles
(Bored In The USA & Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins))

Favorite Deep Cuts
(Nothing Good Ever Happens At The Goddamn Thirsty Crow, The Ideal Husband & I Went To The Store One Day)

was in the local HMV when the store was playing the above album is to say f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-far out c000000000000000000000000000l:grinthumb

wisertime

Keep on Truckin'
Reaction score
I just bought that album yesterday. Poking around, saw the cover, dug it, and remembered his name from something, so I bought it. Listened to a little when I got home...Liked what I heard so far.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm really glad this thread picked up as I thought it as a surefire winner for the taste within the forum. I think the more you guys listen to it the more you'll like it. It was a pleasant surprise on my end. Elton is one of my favorite artist of the 70's period so the nods to that were great but I think the album as a whole is diverse enough to showcase that he's not simply an impersonator. good stuff! :grinthumb

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Elton is one of my favorite artist of the 70's period so the nods to that were great but I think the album as a whole is diverse enough to showcase that he's not simply an impersonator!
:grinthumb

I get what you're saying about the Elton vibe, but I don't get the feeling that he is trying to be the next Elton John - which would be impossible anyway! I really like this guy, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online