FAERGROUND ACCIDENTS [ Official thread ]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
FAERGROUND ACCIDENTS hail from Sheffield UK. These guys are a new band and starting to make an impression . I saw them recently "Live" and was blown away by their performance.They describe their music as "Psychotic pop". Musically in my opinion they are a 90s throwback with the likes of Suede,Pulp and even The Smiths come to mind in their musical similarities.
Singer Bomar is a real character and we need more in the rock scene....would be interesting to see where this band are in a few years time. I think we will see more of them...:grinthumb

Bomar Faery....vocals/guitar
Murray Fenton....guitar
Dan Botterill.....bass
Henrietta Rowlatt...keyboards
Michael Breeze....drums

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Yeah top gig Sweaty, hopefully they will play local again soon . I know they have blagged a gig as support to Adam and the Ants in Manchester which is another one to pencil in .I hope there are others here on CRF that might take a shine to them...

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I love that track, "Back In Town" well all the tracks really, little bit of all sorts in there, Suede & The Strokes spring to mind.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Yeah Sweaty I can hear The Strokes comparison too .
Just seen them" live "again fairly local ,they rocked again ! They have a bit of a loyal following but if they hit the festival circuit I can see them progressing nicely.
Top marks for the bass player wearing an Ace Frehley T shirt ! Also spotted amongst the crowd Phil Oakey singer of THE HUMAN LEAGUE

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
"Psychotic pop" is a very intriguing name for a genre! ^_^
They sound good, anyway! They deserve more attention!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Me and Sweaty travelled to Sheffield to catch FAERGROUND ACCIDENTS play a low key warm up gig before playing a David Bowie Convention.
I say low key....the place was packed and we had to stand on chairs to see the band.
Just a short set with singer Bomar sporting a top hat and newly died red hair.A good performance, played a few favourites and one or two newies....ended up doing a cover to Bowies "Scary Monsters" All good stuff :grinthumb
The band have been added to the Bearded Theory festival this summer and have had BBC Radio sessions

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Knocked Me OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well dude this band is totally amazing there is comparisons to the smith, plup and suede. but there seem more to this band than the three groups sounds. I totally enjoyed the vid`s in the order of Hormones, Please Stay, back In Town and We Hate The Same. you also said they play Bowies " Scary Monsters " this is one of Bowies is a personnel fav of mine. how did it sound I bet they`ll have pulled it off. I be seeking out there`s soon...

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Always tricky to cover a Bowie song and get away with it, but "Scary monsters" sounded okay . I said to Sweaty I wouldn't be surprised if they chucked a Bowie song in their set and lo and behold...the last number.
A good night out beers in a friendly pub, top sounds...the dj was playing some top 70s punk/pop Damned .Only Ones,Buzzcocks etc before the gig started.
I do hope this band go on to bigger things....eg record deal an album would be great.
Also noticed , different drummer and bassist .Singer Bomar is a talented rough diamond of a singer and guitarist Murray Fenton is an experienced musician who played in ...ARTERY :grinthumb,Batfish Boys,The F--kwits,Death Trash etc

Heres my favourite tune by them [ lyrics superb :heheh: ]

Woeful Small Town /Woeful small town [ Live ...Deaf Institute Manchester]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Joker ...footage of last nights gig and the Bowie cover...:grinthumb

Scary monsters

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member