Exhorder (Official Thread)

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Re: Exhorder

Yeah, Pantera as a whole is from Texas obviously ( my bad ) but what I meant was the sound is a NOLA swamp metal thing that emerged from that area
and other bands like Crowbar and other lesser known band from the area have a bit of that same sonic vibe and sound.

Phil bought that influence with him into Pantera .It's a part of his musical surroundings and the other musicians from the scene certainly don't hold it against him or see him as a "rip off". To me Pantera is no more like Exhorter then Crowbar is like Pantera.

@ Magic,I disagree, metal of that nature is never meant to be a commercially accepted product and when it is it is more of a freak accident then anything else.
Exhorter was well known in the thrash metal underground in their day and I doubt that they feel hurt in anyway. As a matter of fact SITV is more popular then The Law w/ most hardcore thrash fans.

Oh I agree. I hear the similarity in vocals and the groove that Exhorder was starting to bring to their sound.

Exhorder doesn't even look at Pantera as a rip off. They look at it as they had a bit of an influence on them and Pantera just worked a hell of a lot harder than them.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Exhorder

Oh man, I didn't even notice that I repeated videos and artwork in my post lol
I don't know what I was thinking when I posted :wtf:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
New album, Defectum Omnium, to be released March 8, 2024.

IMG_1089.jpeg

Tracklist
01. Wrath Of Prophecies
02. Under The Gaslight
03. Forever And Beyond Despair
04. The Tale Of Unsound Minds
05. Divide And Conquer
06. Year Of The Goat
07. Taken By Flames
08. Defectum Omnium / Stolen Hope
09. Three Stages Of Truth / Lacing The Well
10. Sedition