Ennio Morricone (Official Thread)

Nora

Reaction score
^^^ :heheh:

Asa Nisi Masa, you have to read the first syllable of these three words, and it means anima (Soul in English). I've chosen it as my nickname in tribute to one of my all-time favorite movies, Fellini's movie 8½.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Good thing you explained it, I don't know a thing about Fellini...:peek

That's one mystery solved.:D

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
I like the "whistled" themes done by Ennio... :)

Ps: oh the italian cinema of the old years... such marvellous films were done...but today we only produce disgusting commedies... I save only Benigni and Crialese...
Anyway, Asanisimasa you have really good taste in music as well as in movies. Compliments! 8 1/2 is such a great film!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Ennio Morricone's music is very closely linked to the scenes in the Italian Westerns, in a way that is more ironic than heroic or sentimental. For example, the whistling in Hollywood films was carefree and symbolic, but in the Italian films it becomes sinister. The Italian composers were (are?) also very experimental, creating surreal soundtracks with fuzz guitar, harpsichord, cries and grunts. The idea was to portray less glory and to more reflect the harsh environment. It would have been interesting to hear Morricone score great American films like Shane or The Alamo.

legendary-italian-westerns.jpg

I have never seen Volume I of this series!

I haven't heard it, but there is an album called We All Love Enno Morricone (2007), with Metallica, Roger Waters, Quincy Jones, Deodato, Celine Dion and Bruce Springsteen. It looks pretty good!

We_all_love_ennio_morricone.jpg

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online