Elizebeth Daily~ Underrated Pop Artist

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Since Gaga and Madonna and a few other pop diva's have been discussed lately, I wanted to throw Mrs. Elizabeth Daily on the pile..
To me she has that certain singing voice that is both sexy and unique!!

Elizabeth+Daily.gif

Elizabeth Ann Guttman (born September 11, 1961),[1] better known by her stage names of Elizabeth Daily and E.G. Daily, is an American voice actress, actress, singer, songwriter, and musician. She has voiced television characters including Tommy Pickles in Rugrats and its spinoff All Grown Up!, Buttercup in The Powerpuff Girls, and Rudy Tabootie in ChalkZone, and the voiced the titular role in live action feature film Babe: Pig in the City, replacing Christine Cavanaugh.
Daily signed with A&M Records in 1985, working with Madonna's frequent collaborators John "Jellybean" Benitez and Stephen Bray. In 1986 that the label released the R&B/Rock single "Say It, Say It." The song made it to #70 on Billboard Hot 100, and the #1 spot on the Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart. (Other versions of the song appeared as early as 1981.) Her songs "Shake It Up" and "I'm Hot Tonight" were included in the soundtrack to the film Scarface. Those same songs were later included in the lineup of fictional radio station Flashback 95.6 in the Grand Theft Auto III video game. They were also included in the Scarface: The World Is Yours video game, based on the 1983 film. Her hit "Love in the Shadows" was featured in the films Thief of Hearts and Circuit.
E.G. Daily, October 2008

Also in 1985, she provided back-up vocals for Human League front-man Philip Oakey's debut solo album, Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder.[2] In 1987 she released the song "Mind Over Matter," which is featured in the movie Summer School. Daily plays guitar, harmonica, keyboards, and percussion. In her 1988 song, "Some People," she plays guitar and harmonica. She performed a song on The Breakfast Club soundtrack called "Waiting."

Daily released a single titled "Beautiful," that she made available through iTunes, on April 29, 2008. She also sang the song "Dawn's Theme," which was used at the end of the movie Streets.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online