Electronic: Boards of Canada-Music Has The Right To Children

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
OK, I just recently discovered these guys through a friend into ambient music and was very impressed. There are a few albums that don't contain enough tracks to warrant spending 20 bucks on their CD, but there are other means of aquiring them....:D

d11b225b9da019f12286d010.L.jpg

This one borderlines on down tempo Jazz almost with some broken beat influences to keep things interesting. All their albums have an ambient "streak" in them, as they always have an airy sound about them that can put your mind at ease. But with "Music Has The Right To Children" its almost tribal beats breaking through the ambient structure. Making for a nice blend not too rough and not too ambient. Leaving you always wondering where it will go next and always keeping a cohesive sound throughout, allowing one song to lead into another without stopping. If you enjoy ambient, Jazz, electronic or chill music hit it up, or find some and enjoy! And if my review isn't helpful there's always amazon's preview section...:D

Other albums by Boards of Canada:
Boc Maxima
Geogaddi
In a Beautiful Place out in the Country
Trans-Canada Highway
Twoism

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I promise to give them a listen, Alocer. I do like ambient, jazzy stuff...so we will see what I think!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've heard about this band, but never got around to actually getting an album and giving it a listen...I'll have to remedy that oversight asap.

Thanks for the new thread Alocer.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online