Ed3n

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Another supergroup of aging rock 'n' rollers to add to the list, albeit this one seems to be a bit less "clear" per se, than Chickenfoot or Black Country Communion.

What is confirmed so far, is that "Ed3n" is spearheaded by the duo of vocalist Jeff Fenholt (Jesus Christ Superstar, Joshua, Bible Black, Tony Iommi) & bassist Craig Gruber (Elf, Rainbow, Bible Black, Gary Moore). Several names seem to have been thrown around for the guitarist position, including Rowan Robertson (Dio) and David Shankle (Manowar), but judging by Gruber's Facebook updates, it seems that German Frank Blackfire (Sodom, Kreator) seems to have gotten the gig. The drummer at this point however, is unknown, although rumours suggest Vinny Appice (Rick Derringer, Black Sabbath, Dio) may be involved with the project. Their S/T debut album is being recorded in Germany as we speak, with a release date aimed for May 2011 on Germany's AOR Heaven label. Two tracks (albeit its not really clear if they're finished) have been released on the band's PureVolume account, with a cover of Rainbow's "Man on the Silver Mountain" being recorded in tribute to Gruber's former bandmate, the late Ronnie James Dio. The proposed album cover is also something of a nod to the legacy of Dio, whom Gruber played with on the debut album of Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.

00027.jpg

Judging by the released tracks (and the pedigree of the membership), it seems a slab of "traditional" 70s-80s style hard rock/metal is the order of the day, so fans of Purple/Rainbow/Sabbath etc. will have something to be happy about here.

The two released songs, "Fight the Wind" and "Down on the World", can be viewed here.
ED3N (Official) on PureVolume.com

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Definitely a very cool heavy sound to it. I'm giving Fight The Wind a listen currently. Very very cool stuff :grinthumb I'll definitely be looking for more from these guys.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Judging from the samples, this band does have a "comfortable" and familiar 80's hard rock sound.

I will be watching for their debut album :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of really good "retro-hard rock metal" bands coming out of Europe these days. Nothing wrong with that either.

I'll check out the new album when it's available.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online