Dylan By Satellite?

Big Generator

Reaction score
I reckon many, many people would...but I'd give it a miss. My mum had this deeply disturbed boyfriend in the 1970s - who never quite recovered from an LSD phase in 1969 - and he was totally obsessed with Dylan. It's a tragic tale - but I can't hear a Dylan track without feeling a chill in my spine.

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
I love Dylan. And I would be fascinated to hear what he would play in a weekly radio show with no commercials and no restrictions. In fact, my dream job would be to work with him in compiling his weekly playlist.

When I was young, my radio was my constant companion. But radio (other than NPR) has held so little interest for so long that I don't think I could reaquire the habit of listening to it. For that reason, I wonder how these subscription-based services are going to find an audience -- even if they are offering Bob Dylan.

Spike

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I don't get XM... but I'm gonna try a free trial when Dylan's show comes on, heh heh. I'd really love to hear his show. Bob is the man. Can't wait to find out what stuff he'll play.... this is gonna be great I think.

Anybody listen to Tom Petty's XM show? Is it sweet?

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
Based on reading the playlists, I think I'd really enjoy this show. I'd like to try and tune it in on my cable sometime. I'd be very interested to hear what he has to say about this music he's playing.

Rissa

Moving in Stereo
Reaction score
I do think that several people would listen to Bob Dylan on a radio show. I read his book (or one of them; not sure if there was another or not) and I think he's a very intelligent individual. His music really is something wonderful; I wish I had more of it to listen to, really. I think a lot of people would want to hear what he has to say; he's got a lot in that brilliant mind of his.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online