Dragonforce (Official Thread)

Harkat

Reaction score
Re: Harkat's Official Dragonforce Guide for Musical Wet Dreams!!

Their first two albums are very good examples of the genre. Very melodic.
After that, they have started to dwindle a bit, I think.

Yes, that is a very good way to put it.
Cept the dwindling bit o:

Their first album feels more like a bundle of idea's put together into an album. I think of this as their first stage as a band.
Second is more refined to their tastes and features less experimentation and less idea's.
Their third album is their heaviest and I cannot help but bunch the 2nd and 3rd albums together due to their similarities. Its their second stage of music as a band.
For their 4th album, it shows more experimentation, more ideas and more melodies.

One of the things that the bands focuses strongly on is their melodies, so I think that we will see plenty of melodies throughout the bands life.

Harkat

Reaction score

Found this cover of Through The Fire And The Flames. I was rather impressed by his fingerwork, can't go wrong with fingers like those :grinthumb

Clockwork

Baby Rocker
Reaction score

do they do soundtrack to dynasty warrior games? if not they should... i've never heard them before as im not much of a metal fan... but thanks harkat this bands pretty good... aside from the speed they do have good melodies and lyrics

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I think their 4th album showed a lot of growth in the band myself. They are not trying to invent anything new and I take DF for what they are, a hard nosed speed/power metal band that I listen to to get my blood pumping, and they do the job admirably.

Harkat

Reaction score

do they do soundtrack to dynasty warrior games? if not they should... i've never heard them before as im not much of a metal fan... but thanks harkat this bands pretty good... aside from the speed they do have good melodies and lyrics

You should listen to their first and fourth albums, Valley of the Damned and Ultra Beatdown respectively. They have some slower tracks there, particularly Starfire from Valley of the Damned.

I think their 4th album showed a lot of growth in the band myself. They are not trying to invent anything new and I take DF for what they are, a hard nosed speed/power metal band that I listen to to get my blood pumping, and they do the job admirably.

I hope that they branch out a bit, throw in some instrumentals or a bit of prog. Because you don't have to play only one genre in music and there are heaps of idea's to use, just so much they can do in music to be and sound good. I know that what they play is what they love playing but the world of music is too big and amazing to only play within the confines of one genre.

Harkat

Reaction score

Dragonforce | Facebook
"DragonForce keyboard player Vadim Pruzhanov will lend his insane keyboards skills to progressive metal band Aeon Zen on their upcoming tour in support of the Devin Townsend Project. The tour will take them across 12 countries in 32 shows beginning the 3rd of March 2011."

Harkat

Reaction score

What are you top three songs from the Valley of the Damned album?

Mine are:
1) Were Dragons Rule
2) Valley of the Damned
3) Black Fire

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

God damn, i'm just now finding this thread. BUT, to answer your question:

Black Winter Night
Valley of the Damned
Heart of a Dragon

Harkat

Reaction score

Good thing I bumped it then :grintumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

For sure, I love Heroes of our Time. I could play that song on repeat, and will always find something new with it. Well...not always. But it's a great song nonetheless.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online