Did the forum change?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You might be asking yourself this question.......and the answer is yes.

I have made a few changes to the look of CRF. I have also added a new forum for discussing the 1950's.

I hope you like the changes :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I think it looks wonderful. A lot more organized! Thanks for all the hard work you put into the forum.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love the changes. :)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I have a question.

I hadn't been here for a few days, so when I came back, there were 7 pages of unread posts.

I replied to one thread, and when I hit New Posts again, there were only 12 threads.

What happened to the other six pages? I kept clicking the back arrow until I got where all the unread threads wee.

And tonight, I logged on and there was one page of unread posts. I made a post in the Aerosmith thread, and when I hit 'new posts', that was the only thread that showed up. Am I doing something wrong?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
That is odd Vehicle. Think you may have accidentally hit the "Mark Forums Read" option in the drop down menu that comes down when you hit "Quick Links"? It is the option right below "Today's Posts", so it is possible. :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a question.

I hadn't been here for a few days, so when I came back, there were 7 pages of unread posts.

I replied to one thread, and when I hit New Posts again, there were only 12 threads.

What happened to the other six pages? I kept clicking the back arrow until I got where all the unread threads wee.

And tonight, I logged on and there was one page of unread posts. I made a post in the Aerosmith thread, and when I hit 'new posts', that was the only thread that showed up. Am I doing something wrong?

No.....That happened to me yesterday. I think our server is having some glitches.

Sometimes if you take too long on posting a reply, you will get a "time out", and the program will refresh just as if you just logged in again. You can avoid this by check marking "Remember Me" when you log in.

Another way to see all the new posts is to click the quick links "today's posts"....or go to your userCP and all the threads you have posted in also known as "subscribed threads", look for this on the left side menu, then click "list subscriptions", all the thread will be there if they contain new posts since your last log in . (my list of subscriptions is 336 pages long )

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Think you may have accidentally hit the "Mark Forums Read"

Sometimes if you take too long on posting a reply, you will get a "time out", and the program will refresh just as if you just logged in again.

More than likely, it was one of these two reasons.^^

my list of subscriptions is 336 pages long

Oh man. How do you sleep at night, knowing all that clutter is just sitting there? Ugh.

I clear out my pc nearly every day. History, cookies, download history & temporary internet files all get zapped. In my mind, having my pc cleared out, there are less places for corruption to hide and ferment.

It's not just the pc either. I got a cell phone 1 1/2 years ago, and just went over the 5 hour mark in total phone 'talking' time, and it freaks me out. 5 hours on the phone!!!??? 18 months or not, 5 freaking hours on the phone is waayyyyy over my acceptable limit.

One time, my texts got up to almost 30, and I darn near had a stroke. The Missus asked me to look up a number in her phone, and she had over 300 text messages in her in box.

How do people live like that?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.