Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Diane+Birch+logo.jpg
Diane-birch-1013-3-tint.jpg

Albums (Bible Belt & Speak A Little Louder
1246904870_diane-birch-bible-belt-2009.jpg
album-1382035452.jpg

If Blue-Eyed Soul has one female equivalent to lead the pack for the most recent decade this artist would be that equivalent. Diane has this commanding vocal that feels like Carole King mixed with a dark maturity that comes with years akin to Stevie Nicks minus the goat trill! :heheh: Mix in a range that can go to Lilith Fair period Sarah McLachlan like on the chorus to "Superstars". Diane is a songwriter, pianist, guitarist and violinist so on top of a vocal range unmatched by anyone else on my 2013 lineup she's also a multi-instrumentalist and primary driving force behind her music. It took a great production team to catch up to her. With producers who've worked with Adele, Lianne La Havas, Paloma Faith and a member of retro band The Dap Kings it was obvious that they knew they had to capture the talents of not just an old soul but the future of Soul! This album will take you places just like the strong female performers of years past all like Carly Simon, Carole King and Laura Nyro (a name that gets mentioned a lot but I've never heard) and through the emotions only a female songwriter can do. The grooves will move you and the piano melodies will soothe you. It's all feeling here and Diane had a lot to sing about with death, heartbreak and personal growth. Like with her most melancholy piece "It Plays On" Diane just gets you through that place a better person than where you started. That much and more can be said for this 2013 effort! From discovering this album to her work at Daryls House (only the best from that show) to most recently her NIN cover this woman's talents extend beyond the stratosphere!

All The Love You Got, UNFKD, Lighthouse & It Plays On

Daryl's House (Fools & Don't Wait Up)

Copy Of A (NIN Cover)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online