Diamond Head - All Will Be Revealed (2005)

opera races

Reaction score
Diamond Head
All Will Be Revealed

dh-awbr-tour.jpg 51d2y5ZYaxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Brian Tatler: Guitars
Nick Tart: Vocals
Karl Wilcox: Drums
Eddie Moohan: Bass
Adrian Mills: Guitars

1. Mine All Mine
2. Give It To Me
3. Nightmare
4. Fallen Angel
5. Alimony
6. Lost At Sea
7. Broken Pieces
8. All Will Be Revealed
9. Dead Or Living
10. Drinkin Again
11. Come Alive
12. Muddy Waters

After the departure of singer Sean Harris from Diamond Head in 2004, the band acquired a new singer, Nick Tart (most notable previous work was an association with Robin George in which they formed the band Life and put out the album Cocoon), and began work on new songs for an entirely new album. The result was All Will Be Revealed. All Will Be Revealed was pretty much a do-it-yourself effort, produced by Brian and Karl, recorded on Diamond Head's dime with no record deal or record company support.

Even though at this point Brian Tatler was the only remaining member from the original/classic Diamond Head lineup, the drummer, Karl Wilcox; and bassist Eddie Moohan had been associated with Diamond Head for several years, since before the 1993 album Death & Progress. Mills was a local musician already hired as a second guitarist for live gigs.

Dave Mustaine invited Diamond Head to be the opening band on Megadeth's February 2005 European tour. Since a licensing deal for All Will Be Revealed had not yet been obtained, the band had 1,000 CD's pressed as a 2005 Tour Limited Edition to sell at the Megadeth gigs. The few remaining copies were sold via the Diamond Head web site. Ultimately a deal was made with Cargo Records and All Will Be Revealed was officially released in October 2005.

I managed to get my hands of a copy of the 2005 Tour Limited Edition when the extra copies were offered up on the web site after the tour with Megadeth so I was enjoying the album a good 6-7 months before its commercial release, of which I also bought a copy.

I have to admit the one thing I was apprehensive about was the “new singer”. There was the whole question of was it still going to be Diamond Head without Sean’s voice. Since I hadn't heard any of Nick Tart’s singing before or any samples of the songs on All Will Be Revealed I was wondering whether Nick was going to be a vocalist I could even stand listening to, knowing how most newer rock bands at the time had singers I couldn't stand or barely tolerate; namely possessing either the guttural ("Cookie Monster" type) vocals or what I referred to as the whiney (and somewhat monotonous) sounding thing which seemed to be passing for "modern rock" vocals.

I remember the day I received my copy of the 2005 Tour Limited Edition of All Will Be Revealed in my snail mail. Immediately I put the disc in the CD drive of my laptop computer, plugged in my head phones and listened. From the first note I heard on All Will Be Revealed it grabbed on to me and didn’t let me go until the final note on the final song on the album. I thought the “new guy” sounded fantastic and Nick immediately became one of my new favorite lead vocalists in a rock band. Brian played great as always and the rest of the band sounded excellent as well. All the songs sounded solid to me and I was impressed with the lyrics too. That was my FIRST impression of All Will Be Revealed which is amazing considering it often takes me awhile to warm up to most albums, even albums that ultimately become among my favorites. I decided that Diamond Head had made an excellent choice in a new singer. Later on I read interviews, etc. which explained that Nick had been hired specifically because he had a melodic and bluesy singing style. Too many bands often do not make a good choice when it comes to replacing band members. Diamond Head, in my humble OR opinion, is one of the notable exceptions. After that first listen, All Will Be Revealed only got better for me.

I would say the sound of the album overall is not metal and is not like "classic" Diamond Head but I think it does fall squarely into hard rock territory. I feel if you like classic rock and appreciate excellent musicians and a singer who can really sing then this album is worth checking out.

The All Will Be Revealed CD is still very much in my regular listening rotation and has become a favorite album of mine. I sometimes have to hold myself back from listening to the CD over and over when I'm playing it.

Oddly I still don't have a favorite or stand out track from this album. Nor are there any tracks I consider to be clunkers or filler. As I mentioned above I think All Will Be Revealed is a very solid album overall. I don't skip any tracks when I'm listening to the CD all the way through.

I remember thinking after that first listen, yeah, Diamond Head is back! And how! I still feel a bit sad they did not make the comeback I felt the music indicated they had the potential to make but at least for me I still have this album to enjoy.

There was one "official" video made from All Will Be Revealed, the lead track, Mine All Mine:

Give It To Me is one of the album tracks the band uses on their set list for live shows.

Fallen Angel

Alimony

Muddy Waters

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I need to get into more recent Diamond Head. This review will help with that!

:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Great review OR, I always feel the pangs of apprehension when a band gets a new member even more so when it's the lead singer. Anyway glad the guy has your approval. :D

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Excellent stuff !! :grinthumb The songs are strong...some good guitar riffs and Nick Tarts vocals cant be faulted . Another album to be added to the list.....

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Fantastic review, I like the tracks you have posted, I have only the first Diamond Head album on CD and managed to catch them live with Lou some time ago and they were excellent, they could have been so much bigger.

Gamalon

Reaction score
I used to see the band a lot back in the early 80s Brian is a really nice guy always would say hello and chat for awhile
Check out the Radio Moscow EP if you can find it

opera races

Reaction score
I used to see the band a lot back in the early 80s Brian is a really nice guy always would say hello and chat for awhile
Check out the Radio Moscow EP if you can find it
Yes, Brian is a really down to earth guy and a very cool person to talk music with as I found out last summer when the current lineup was on their USA tour.

For a long time I was trying to get a copy of the Radio Moscow EP Brian played on via ebay but kept losing out. That's another attempted acquisition that has fallen by the wayside for me.

On the Diamond Head web site there's some Radio Moscow demos tracks (mp3) posted that Brian is on. There isn't a direct link but if you go to the "media" section then scroll all the way to the bottom you will see them.

The Official Diamond Head Web Pages

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online