Deep Purple VS Pink Floyd

Which Is The Better Band?

• Total voters

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
OH MY GOD! How can you decide between two bands like these? They're both great. And they're very different from one another. The moment I choose one, I feel sorry for the other one. XD
Well... if I must... my vote's for Pink Floyd.

E-Z

Reaction score
Ian Gillan won't like this but a Ritchie Blackmore version of Deep Purple especially during the 1970-75 era of the band.

Studio albums- 1: Deep Purple In Rock 2:Machine Head 3:Burn

Live albums- 1:Made In Japan (1972) 2:Made In Europe (1975) 3:Live In London (1974)

Reactions: Kui

RhyeInTheJar

Reaction score
Deep Purple were a very inconsistent band. Quality ranged from the incredibly raw and powerful In Rock to the nearly flawless Machine Head. Then we have the strange Mk 1 lineup, which seemed to be a mish mash of pop rock, and pyschedelia with an Englebert Humperdinck soundalike on vocals. Then we got to the sometimes rocking, sometimes embarrassing Coverdale era. Blackmore is a guitar genius no doubt. Apart from Hendrix, I don't think anyone was better than him at the time. He was better than Beck, Clapton and Page, yet never seems to be rated as highly these days.

Pink Floyd, frankly I never really got them. Like The Sex Pistols, I like two of their songs. Astronomy Domine and Interstellar Overdrive. The rest of their output just seems cold, haughty and humourless to me. I know people often claim that they're best appreciated under the influence of drugs. But to me that's a bit like saying you have a girlfriend who looks prettiest when you're drunk.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online