Deep Purple (Official Thread)

70sProgFan

Reaction score
Recently bought on vinyl...

DEEP PURPLE Deep.jpg

Had to buy it for 'April', which I know is hardly representative of their work, but I've loved it ever since I first heard it way back in the early 70s.
(To understand this you have to bear in mind that I am actually a prog man rather than a metal lover)

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Recently bought on vinyl...

View attachment 211731

Had to buy it for 'April', which I know is hardly representative of their work, but I've loved it ever since I first heard it way back in the early 70s.
(To understand this you have to bear in mind that I am actually a prog man rather than a metal lover)
I have always loved the first three Purple albums. Sure there were some real dud tracks, but the interplay between guitar and organ was always great. Hush is one of my favourite early Purple songs.
I don't think of Deep Purple as "metal" at all. Definitely hard rock.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Blackmore was so against the funky touches on this album, when he left soon after he slated it in the music press.. I remember a similar situation with Hawkwind and Quark, Strangeness and Charm.
However I loved it... and still do!
Stormbringer .

70sProgFan

Reaction score
I have always loved the first three Purple albums. Sure there were some real dud tracks, but the interplay between guitar and organ was always great. Hush is one of my favourite early Purple songs.
I don't think of Deep Purple as "metal" at all. Definitely hard rock.

I agree! :tup:

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Blackmore was so against the funky touches on this album, when he left soon after he slated it in the music press.. I remember a similar situation with Hawkwind and Quark, Strangeness and Charm.
However I loved it... and still do!
Stormbringer .
The last truly great Purple album. Loved this album from when it was released. Ritchie's guitar saves the album from the funk element. Glenn Hughes' vocal blend in nicely with Coverdale's so it gives the album a bit of an edge.

heavymetaljim

Reaction score
Better Purple formations : Mark II - 3 masterpieces with In rock / Machine Head and one of the best live ever Made in Japan. Other marks were good or great but Mark II is Deep Purple like Ozzy is Black Sabbath (even if I loved Dio)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.